It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tactical RPG in a steampunk setting? Hell yes! New Arc Line is coming soon on GOG!

Immerse yourself in a captivating tale of an eternal struggle between Arcane Magic and the Steampunk Revolution. Tip the uneasy balance between the realms of sorcery, elves, dwarves, and enigmatic creatures, pitted against the world of steampunk contraptions, airships, and powerful tesla guns; all of this, and even more, unfolding within a single-player, party-based, narrative-driven RPG that New Arc Line is.

Soon on GOG!
This is looks pretty wild. Nice trailer. Wishlisted.
Looks interesting, but is another one of those games that apparently has no UI of any kind. Seriously, pretty screenshots are great and all but there really should be at least one that shows the game as I will see it when actually playing. Unless of course this game is some kind of new step forward in game development and it really has no UI at all, then I would be somewhat impressed.
MasterofFiction: Looks interesting, but is another one of those games that apparently has no UI of any kind. Seriously, pretty screenshots are great and all but there really should be at least one that shows the game as I will see it when actually playing. Unless of course this game is some kind of new step forward in game development and it really has no UI at all, then I would be somewhat impressed.
Because it is just "comming soon" without any date, I would say UI is far from being final right now.
MasterofFiction: Looks interesting, but is another one of those games that apparently has no UI of any kind. Seriously, pretty screenshots are great and all but there really should be at least one that shows the game as I will see it when actually playing. Unless of course this game is some kind of new step forward in game development and it really has no UI at all, then I would be somewhat impressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tporpbfb98
I can't say why exactly, but it vaguely reminds me of Arcanum.
It's silly, I know.
DarkBattler: I can't say why exactly, but it vaguely reminds me of Arcanum.
It's silly, I know.
It's the first game they said in that devlog that they were inspired by :)
The first thing I thought of when reading the title was the villain from Beastmaster II. "Those who defy Arklon shall be destroyed by Arklon!"
DarkBattler: I can't say why exactly, but it vaguely reminds me of Arcanum.
It's silly, I know.
Cavalary: It's the first game they said in that devlog that they were inspired by :)
Well, there aren't exactly a great many steampunk RPGs to choose from for inspiration.
In the unlikely case that anyone else saw this of course very welcome announcement but also was trying to remember the name of that other Steampunk cRPG currently in the final stages of development too:

Sovereign Syndicate (Wishlist entry)
Cavalary: It's the first game they said in that devlog that they were inspired by :)
Honestly, it's so obvious that everyone would still have noticed even if they hadn't.
This video is interesting, by the way. Thanks for posting it here.

As for the game itself, I'm not necessarily a big fan of steampunk, but having a new RPG in a setting as rarely used as this one, at least in this genre, makes me quite curious to see what it will be like.
This seems to have a lot of character, wishlisted.
Story Trailer

"Set during the gilded age of magic and technology, New Arc Line welcomes players to a troubled world: The New World looms on the horizon, the shining city of progress, and the last beacon of hope in your search for a cure to your family's fatal disease. But you will soon discover that the city's beauty runs only skin-deep; tensions growing between different factions in the world of arcane magic and steampunk gadgets, the rich exploiting the poor, the humanoid hunting the monstrous, and in the middle of it all you, a stranger in a strange land, unaware of the role you have to play in shaping the future of this world... Which side will you choose? What will you become?"