It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exciting news – 3D puzzle game revolving about cubes, Kubikon 3D, is coming soon on GOG!

Cubes, cubes, cubes... Cubes everywhere. Whether you're in the mood to challenge your brain or just relax, Kubikon 3D and its addictive gameplay are here for you. Discover the world of an original puzzle game that combines elements of Tetris, Arkanoid, Sokoban, and other classic titles.

Soon on GOG!
I have only one question: who´s that guy in that trailer?
I see the developer is working for Bohemia Interactive as a technical designer from this month .
Could we finally get Vectronom on here, too?
You had me at Arkanoid.
GOG.com: Coming soon: Kubikon 3D
...an original puzzle game that combines elements of Tetris, Arkanoid, Sokoban, and other classic titles.
While this looks certainly nice and interesting...I kinda miss a description on how exactly it is played.

I mean - Tetris, Arkanoid and Sokoban are pretty big "fighting words"...they are also pretty distinctive games...with pretty distinctive gameplays.

So:
- Is this "gravity based" like Tetris (though using only simple squares, instead of "Tetrominos")? A few scenes in the trailer seem to hint at that.
- Do I have to clear the screen with a paddle and ball (like in Arkanoid)? Nothing in the trailer indicates that.
- The most resemblance (going by screenshots and the trailer), is with Sokoban...and even then...what I get shown, is not really looking like Sokoban's gameplay...

I see a timer and a "move-counter".
At least the timer seems to count up only, instead of being a countdown.
(I hate countdowns in games)
The same goes for moves, that get "counted down", though to a somewhat lesser extent.

That has me hoping, that both, the amount of "time used" and the amount of "moves used", will only be used, to determine the "level" of how well I executed a puzzle (say like: "bronze", "silver", "gold", "platinum", or something similar), and how many points I get awarded for that.

But I really wish, there were more particular gameplay shown in the trailer...especially in regard to the above mentioned games/inspirations.
BreOl72: While this looks certainly nice and interesting...I kinda miss a description on how exactly it is played.

- The most resemblance (going by screenshots and the trailer), is with Sokoban...and even then...what I get shown, is not really looking like Sokoban's gameplay...
Yeah, from what I understood it is far closer to Sokoban than anything else. It looks like there are two major differences to Sokoban, however:

a) there isn't a "player character" that you move around until they're behind a box to push it. This allows you to use even boxes that are already close to a wall.
b) boxes pulled don't move just one square, they move until they hit a wall.

There's also a minor difference in the fact that in original Sokoban all destination squares can be the destination of any box, interchangeably. While in this game the color of the boxes must match the color of the ground. But it doesn't change gameplay that much.

Well I like regular Sokoban, so here's hoping this will be good and not too expensive.
Post edited January 28, 2024 by joppo
Seems like a demo would be a good fit, to clarify what the game experience is like.
BreOl72: While this looks certainly nice and interesting...I kinda miss a description on how exactly it is played.

I mean - Tetris, Arkanoid and Sokoban are pretty big "fighting words"...they are also pretty distinctive games...with pretty distinctive gameplays.

So:
- Is this "gravity based" like Tetris (though using only simple squares, instead of "Tetrominos")? A few scenes in the trailer seem to hint at that.
There are no gravity-based puzzles, at least not in the playable Classic Mode.
BreOl72: - Do I have to clear the screen with a paddle and ball (like in Arkanoid)? Nothing in the trailer indicates that.
You are just clicking on any of the colored blocks to move them around on a flat board from its source to a target square. When you are clicking on a box, it will move in N/S/E/W direction, until it hits a wall or another block.
BreOl72: - The most resemblance (going by screenshots and the trailer), is with Sokoban...and even then...what I get shown, is not really looking like Sokoban's gameplay...
I think that in terms of comparison, Sokoban best describes gameplay of the Classic mode.
BreOl72: I see a timer and a "move-counter".
At least the timer seems to count up only, instead of being a countdown.
(I hate countdowns in games)
The same goes for moves, that get "counted down", though to a somewhat lesser extent.

That has me hoping, that both, the amount of "time used" and the amount of "moves used", will only be used, to determine the "level" of how well I executed a puzzle (say like: "bronze", "silver", "gold", "platinum", or something similar), and how many points I get awarded for that.
These metrics are used to determine the rank, score, and additional points, specifically in Ranked mode. In Casual mode, your normal system clock appears in the top right corner instead of Score, Moves, and Timer. In this mode, you can take your time to figure out and complete puzzles, to then use that knowledge to score big in Ranked mode.

The gameplay so far is simple, and it's fun to play, so I will most likely buy it when it gets released. :-)
Post edited January 29, 2024 by Mori_Yuki
I had to laugh at the end of the trailer, when the dude watching the advertisement turned out to be utterly uninterested in the game. I don't know whether or not that's good advertising, but it was unexpected :)