It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare to confront various terrains as a lonely mountaineer and endure the countless dangers of climbing!
Genre: Adventure, Simulation, Strategy
Nothing like a frustrating game to keep you on your toes (if you manage to keep them), and death following you...
Trooper1270: Nothing like a frustrating game to keep you on your toes (if you manage to keep them), and death following you...
this would have been a good line for the announcement
I was expecting a more live-action first/3rd person game rather than climbing mountains made of hexagons. Hm.
The setting is definitely interesting. A nice break from the usual.
I think the last "mountaineering game" that I laid hands upon, was "Chamonix Challenge".
And that was quite some time ago.

However, while I can understand the "need" of procedurally created mountains in regard to the replayability of such a title, I would like to point out, that one of the main characteristics of any mountain is, that it basically always remains the same (not counting some minor landslides, rockfalls or erupting vulcanoes).

The problem I see here, is that whenever you fail with a climb (aka: die), and you want to try it again - this time better prepared for the challenge ahead - you'll find that challenge nonexistant anymore, respectively that challenge replaced by another (probably completely different) challenge, and (probably) at a different place.

I fear that will serve as a massive hindrance towards any possible development for me as a player.
Which in return bears a high chance, that my frustration will grow to a level where I will likely abandon the game early on.

It's a pity that the trailer doesn't show any gameplay. There's nothing that shows, how the climbing is implemented, and therefore no chance to see, if any actual development on the player's side is actually possible.

Wishlisted - for now...but I will read any reviews very carefully to see, if my concerns will be addressed / come true..
GOG.com: ... as a lonely mountaineer
Don't do this IRL, full stop.
Despite the hexagons and mobile-look for the routefinding graphics being something of a turn-off, I find myself wanting to give this a try anyway... The beauty of the mountains overcomes.
Any word on the possibility of a Linux version?
I imagine this will be popular with Twitch streamers but for those that want a goal to the progress they make it will be difficult to recommend this.
Wishlisting for now. This looks interesting, but I'm not completely committed to buying it either.