It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for an FPS that takes you from East Berlin into a parallel reality, shortly before the end of the Cold War. INDUSTRIA is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Will GOG get a demo for Industria?
Just watched the trailer and I got similar vibes too!

Feels like HL2 and Bioshock made a baby, but it was Factorio that chose its name and David Lynch raised it. :P

Four hours sounds like a bit of a bummer, but it's quality over quantity so I hope this game delivers 4 hours of exceptional gameplay. ;) Wishlisted for now...
Post edited August 12, 2021 by matterbandit
greyhat: Where was the length of the game mentioned?
Breja: Bizarrely enough, they list it as a feature on the game's page. "Profound story: Experience a classic story-driven first-person shooter with about 4 hours of gameplay"
Well, at least they are being up front about it. :D The premise of the game has me intrigued.

As for price it looks like it will be about 20 dollars. Not sure if this is considered too high for the estimated play time or not. But it feels alright if the game is done well. I have played some pretty good 4 to 6 hour (estimated) games for around the same price and usually I spend more time than the estimated length. I have also played some games the same length, as well as longer, and felt the experience was not what I thought it would be and was disappointed. Length it self is not always representative of the worth vs cost factor. Some times it is the over all mood of the game and presentation.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1172650/discussions/0/3074251201337412246/#c3074251201339782199
Attachments:
Post edited August 12, 2021 by greyhat
greyhat: [...]I have also played some games the same length, as well as longer, and felt the experience was not what I thought it would be and was disappointed. Length it self is not always representative of the worth vs cost factor. Some times it is the over all mood of the game and presentation.
[...]
Can't agree more on that. I am at a point where I rather have a game be shorter, than overstaying it's welcome. Especially if time is just stretched by walking around from A to B.

I did - and do - love the ratio 1 [enter your currency] per game hour, but not so much that I start loosing interest in playing the game, just because it is stretched out too much.

On topic: I am interested in that one. So far I think 10-15 bucks would be a good asking price. If it's really 20, I will wait a bit.
Zoidberg: Call of Battlefield games are around that playtime too tbh, and they're sold 60 to 70.
Breja: Yeah, but in those the single-player part is more of an afterthought, not a selling point. They mostly exist for the multiplayer. Whether that is worth the full asking price is whole other matter of course...
Some people buy it for the solo exclusively too. But yeah, I agree with you.

Personally I'd rather pay 40€ of a well thought solo experience than 50+ for another multiplayer fps and an afterthought Solo.
Looks interesting, wishlisted
Does the game allow the player to save at any time?