It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for a fighting game about sword dueling, in which the blades really clash using physics, and the characters use motion-captured fencing techniques. Hellish Quart is coming soon to GOG.COM! Play as one of many 17th century warriors and use sabers, rapiers, broadsword, and many other blades in the single-player campaign, arcade, or local multiplayer with friends.

Can’t wait to cross blades with a virtual opponent? Check out the game’s demo now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Is dual wielding supported (like sword/saber + dagger)? Doesn't seem so from trailer.

Reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger
so I guess this is a western version of Bushido blade
klogd: Many of us really don't care about what games you want to sell us.

Why don't you actually address the Devotion issue instead of just sitting there silently after the astounding way you acted, I want to know if I should delete my account or not.
Swissy88: "Sorry no speak English senor" -GOG
This.
klogd: Many of us really don't care about what games you want to sell us.

Why don't you actually address the Devotion issue instead of just sitting there silently after the astounding way you acted, I want to know if I should delete my account or not.
alexandros050: Demolition will probably not release here...time to delete your account then.
I've downloaded the offline installers for my games, so I will sadly be ready to delete my account if GOG does not make a statement in the next few days.

I'm hoping that whatever politics happens inside GOG, that the end result will be that they take a stand and release the game so I can continue to use their service.
A large selling point of shopping at this DRM free platform for me was that I like the idea of being in control of my games. Now the very same platform is giving that control to a censoring dictatorship.
alexandros050: Demolition will probably not release here...time to delete your account then.
klogd: I've downloaded the offline installers for my games, so I will sadly be ready to delete my account if GOG does not make a statement in the next few days.

I'm hoping that whatever politics happens inside GOG, that the end result will be that they take a stand and release the game so I can continue to use their service.
A large selling point of shopping at this DRM free platform for me was that I like the idea of being in control of my games. Now the very same platform is giving that control to a censoring dictatorship.
Best of luck dude, glad to see people with a backbone.
low rated
klogd: I've downloaded the offline installers for my games, so I will sadly be ready to delete my account if GOG does not make a statement in the next few days.

Moriaantjie: Best of luck dude, glad to see people with a backbone.
My only concern is how long to wait. I don't want to delete my account now and then tomorrow GOW grows a backbone and makes me want to support them again.

48 hours? 7 days? Do I take holidays into account when calculating how much time to give them to break this ridiculous silence. Or are they just planning on never using twitter again?
Now THIS looks interesting. However, whether it's any good is probably going to be determined a lot by controls and basic gameplay. I tend to avoid fighting games because a lot of them seem like they have a ton of super-complicated combos that are basically impractical since you can win most fights by just spamming "low kick" or something like that.
Fuckin' hell I hope there's a way to turn off the voices, as they picked the worst voice actors they could find... better to not have any if this is the "quality" that is represented here!

Interesting concept indeed, definitely wishlisted!

EDIT: Oh, it's an InDev title... I hope there's more to the game than just this handful of characters...
Post edited December 18, 2020 by TZODnmr2k5
Moriaantjie: Best of luck dude, glad to see people with a backbone.
klogd: My only concern is how long to wait. I don't want to delete my account now and then tomorrow GOW grows a backbone and makes me want to support them again.

48 hours? 7 days? Do I take holidays into account when calculating how much time to give them to break this ridiculous silence. Or are they just planning on never using twitter again?
Just dont buy anything anymore from them is my commitment. I'm not giving them the free space on their server, I bought those games in trust back then, now they can ensure the saving of them.

Just take a stroll outside; you're in the greatest country in the world (opinion). Forget those coward communist simps and just stay true to yourself, no need to inconvienence yourself deleting the account. voting with your wallet is the best option here, if youre open to the advice.
I care enough about this sort of thing that I was one of the CLANG backers. But, because I was one of the CLANG backers, I'm a bit skittish about getting burned a second time so I'm gonna keep an eye on it and maybe see how it's going at some point later in the development cycle.
low rated
Moriaantjie: Just dont buy anything anymore from them is my commitment. I'm not giving them the free space on their server, I bought those games in trust back then, now they can ensure the saving of them.
If GOG doesn't add Devotion, then I ultimately won't trust them to hold any of my games, maybe in a few years, one of them will be deemed inappropriate and disappear.

That's why I will be deleting my account, I can't use it to buy new games, and I don't entrust my games or media to companies that give into bullies who demand control over other peoples lives.
NovusBogus: I care enough about this sort of thing that I was one of the CLANG backers. But, because I was one of the CLANG backers, I'm a bit skittish about getting burned a second time so I'm gonna keep an eye on it and maybe see how it's going at some point later in the development cycle.
I thought of Clang as soon as I saw this game as well. Not much to get burned on with this game short of it never getting finished. It has a demo and when you throw money down on it you will have something to play during it's development.

It is a shame that Clang was never fully realized. I read they had a demo for backers and that it was said to be "not fun" according to Neal Stephenson. Something about it being too historically accurate and too based on real movement and sword physics to be enjoyable to play. I thought that was the point in the project. To make a accurate sword fighting game that was known for its realism. It is too bad they did not continue on with it or release what they had made as shareware or maybe share the source on GIT hub.

A post mortem would have also been nice as I am sure more went on during development than they talked about. My thought is they just lost focus or underestimated the amount of work that went into making a project. It was not as if video game making was their expertise. They might have had the combat knowledge down but had not managed the game development side of the project so well. It is unclear to me if they had any experienced game developers on board. This is something they could have outsourced to any numerous studios in Europe that take on projects like these.

Then they could have really just worked on the component they knew more about. Historical accuracy and combat. :)

CLANG does not look bad at all actually. The combat looks very much like that of Kingdom Come in third person view. It just needed a lot more polish. It was very rough mechanically and the audio needed a lot more work. The character models looked decent enough for a pre alpha. Like i said I think they underestimated the amount of work it would take. but for where they got they did well. it makes me sad that they gave up on the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JDJkB2vxnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYVnBe3XjE

But I digress. Hellish Quart definitely looks interesting. I am happy that Hellish Quart has made a more realized attempt at doing something similar.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by greyhat
RelicMaster: Now THIS looks interesting. However, whether it's any good is probably going to be determined a lot by controls and basic gameplay. I tend to avoid fighting games because a lot of them seem like they have a ton of super-complicated combos that are basically impractical since you can win most fights by just spamming "low kick" or something like that.
For a fighting game that is reasonably well-tuned, spamming doesn't get you very far since there is usually a way to get around specific moves.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by SpaceMadness
Hoping for insult sword fighting DLC.
Moriaantjie: Just dont buy anything anymore from them is my commitment. I'm not giving them the free space on their server, I bought those games in trust back then, now they can ensure the saving of them.
klogd: If GOG doesn't add Devotion, then I ultimately won't trust them to hold any of my games, maybe in a few years, one of them will be deemed inappropriate and disappear.

That's why I will be deleting my account, I can't use it to buy new games, and I don't entrust my games or media to companies that give into bullies who demand control over other peoples lives.
And where will you go; isn't it all the same around the world?

If I understand you correctly, if you were <small to medium> Seller and you receive a call from <large market share country>:
"drop <title> or be cut of our market"
you'd rather stand your ground of political independence than going (in the far extreme) bankrupt?