It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trapped in a dark, Victorian city consumed by an ancient curse, you must plan your survival and daring escape. Gloomwood is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! In this stealth horror FPS title, you will have to use stealth, an arsenal of eccentric weapons to leave a forgotten, twisted metropolis in the midst of a horrifying transformation.

Want to take a glimpse at Gloomwood gameplay right now? Check out the game’s free demo now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
high rated
XYCat: I might buy this game based only on how great DUCK was :D
fronzelneekburm: Yeah, almost as good as QUACK.
DUCK and QUACK were pretty good, but I'm partial to QUACK 2.
Attachments:
TheGrand547: ...I'm a bit biased as an unofficial official new blood shill...
Well, everybody is biased. But not everybody is unofficial New Blood shill:D
YEEEESSSSS!!!!
The violent cousin of Garrett? Yes, please.
The release can't come soon enough!
Looks very good, but also reminds me of how I haven't finished Thief 2 and 3 yet. Anyhow, while at it: there seems to be a lot of complaints about thief 3 and how it is not a but game per se but merely a disappointment given it's predecessors. Should I actually play thief 3 before 2 or keep the order?
Robette: Looks very good, but also reminds me of how I haven't finished Thief 2 and 3 yet. Anyhow, while at it: there seems to be a lot of complaints about thief 3 and how it is not a but game per se but merely a disappointment given it's predecessors. Should I actually play thief 3 before 2 or keep the order?
Definitely play 2 before 3.
Robette: Looks very good, but also reminds me of how I haven't finished Thief 2 and 3 yet. Anyhow, while at it: there seems to be a lot of complaints about thief 3 and how it is not a but game per se but merely a disappointment given it's predecessors. Should I actually play thief 3 before 2 or keep the order?
MonkeyKombat: Definitely play 2 before 3.
Yup, and then finish the third one.

Storywise it´s the same quality as the previous entries and it nicely concludes the story (there´s only one thing I didn´t like, but that would be a spoiler), engine-wise - no: Ion Storm tried to lure new players in, especially on consoles, so they switched from the Dark Engine to Unreal, which had nice graphics, but was severely limited thanks to console hardware of the time and suffered from consolithritis: levels were MUCH smaller and divided into chunks, Garret forgot how to swim and how to use rope arrows (thanks to physics engine quirk they decided to get him climbing gloves, which had severely limited use compared to arrows of yore, although developers had more control over where player can go).

The only good changes were Garret used dagger instead of a sword + lockpicking minigame was supposed to be harder when compared to the previous games, but thanks to a design overlook it is childishly easy (first try all the cardinal points, once you got the one where lockpick is shuffling inside a lock and making a sound, fine-tweak it to the right position, and that´s it.
Once you get hold of it, you will be able to open ANY lock in the game within the matter of seconds).

It contains one of the most atmospheric levels from the whole trilogy - Shalebridge Cradle and, to my own surprise, I know several people of varying age, who are all console gamers, didn´t played Thief 1+2, and said this is one of the best games they ever played, so they must have done something right here.
Game is available on steam in early access. Do we know a release date on gog please?
Soon™.

Dawn of War Soon™.
Underport Teaser
I know it is a resurrection, but since I missed it the first time....

The game idea looks like the main character lost his mind. Then slowly devolves into jack the ripper. Where he sees every normal person as a threat. So each increasingly difficult encounter is a larger force to stop a lunatic from perpetrating more ghastly criminal offenses.
I think instead of making teasers and adding uncalled-for Halloween stuff the developers should focus on creating actual game content. That is really going SLOW, and although I'm interested in the game I'm not going to buy during early access, because this game seems to become an unfinished train wreck.
Guter: I think instead of making teasers and adding uncalled-for Halloween stuff the developers should focus on creating actual game content. That is really going SLOW, and although I'm interested in the game I'm not going to buy during early access, because this game seems to become an unfinished train wreck.
Right now it's the perfect example of how to not release on GOG:-

Oct 2020 - Added to GOG as "Coming Soon"
Sep 2022 - Released on Steam
Dec 2023 - Still unavailable on GOG

Between this and Graven's development hell, I'm at the point where I'm not buying any "Early Access" game (honestly labelled as such or not) until they're Actually Finished (tm).
Guter: I think instead of making teasers and adding uncalled-for Halloween stuff the developers should focus on creating actual game content. That is really going SLOW, and although I'm interested in the game I'm not going to buy during early access, because this game seems to become an unfinished train wreck.
AB2012: Right now it's the perfect example of how to not release on GOG:-

Between this and Graven's development hell, I'm at the point where I'm not buying any "Early Access" game (honestly labelled as such or not) until they're Actually Finished (tm).
I saw a post on X from Dave (CEO of New Blood) that they will not release early access games on GOG, that means they are waiting for the game to exit early access before releasing the game on GOG.

Graven is published by 3D Realms, they do things sightly different.
AB2012: Right now it's the perfect example of how to not release on GOG:-

I really think GOG should repeal the coming soon label from their website. With how many titles we've had multiple year delays or ave' just straight up snuffed it, they need to either really tighten by what they mean by "Soon" (IE, I'd say the window a VHS trailer would have put in, "Coming this Fall 1997") or maybe start accepting games that have only have working code in them instead of going off a song and a promise.

Don't forget about Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines II: The Reverence: The Reckoning: Special Walking Simulator Edition.
Keihltrein: I saw a post on X
Why the heck would anyone be making posts on the X display server? They're trying to wind it down, let the thing lie in peace!
Post edited December 01, 2023 by Darvond