It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for this action puzzle game, with no one else, but iconic Dr. Fetus! Dr. Fetus’ Mean Meat Machine is coming soon on GOG!

Dr. Fetus’ Mean Meat Machine is a combination of classic puzzle gameplay and hardcore platforming elements that Super Meat Boy is known for. You’ll have to puzzle your way through hand-crafted worlds and over 100 puzzle levels, filled to the brim with traps and hazards that you don’t expect. Some locations might turn out to be familiar to you – like picturesque forest, the hospital, and salt factory, in a fresh classic puzzle game-inspired format. You’ll get to enjoy dazzling backgrounds and animations, listen to the wonderful soundtrack by RIDICULON, and much, much more!

Soon on GOG!
high rated
Weird to see such a game here.
Does this mean there's any chance Super Meat Boy will one day arrive here, or it's all just mere publisher deal?
high rated
Yeah, where is Super Meat Boy? Can we have that game here, too?
Very nice to see some puzzle game here.

I remember the good old Quirks and similar puzzle games (Puyo-Puyo, Mean Bean Machine, Baku-baku animal, Disney's Lion King: Bug Drop etc.).
The title of this game sure is something, lol. Looks very interesting and I hope it does result in the earlier games' releases here. Iirc the first Super Meat Boy may have been on Humble Bundle in the DRM-free section, but it has been a long time since I looked and I do not recommend that store anyway.
When I saw this I thought "I don't have the dexterity for this kind of game" but when I saw it's a puzzle game like puyo puyo I think I can actually play this. Also I hope it got polished so well it can be as good as puyo puyo
Hope it means we'll finally get Super Meat Boy, too.
RedRagan:
I never played Puyo Puyo itself but FloboPuyo is one of my favorite open source games. Unfortunately, the company that made it seems to have recently been aquired by a company that no longer publicly lists the game. There is a copy on the internet archive (direct Window zip link) that matches the one I have that I'm fairly sure I downloaded directly from the company that made it (for Linux/BSD/etc. most packaging systems have it).

I'm not into the whole chainsaws in puzzle games thing, though :( (or violent games in general).
Well okay...
RedRagan:
joveian: I never played Puyo Puyo itself but FloboPuyo is one of my favorite open source games. Unfortunately, the company that made it seems to have recently been aquired by a company that no longer publicly lists the game. There is a copy on the internet archive (direct Window zip link) that matches the one I have that I'm fairly sure I downloaded directly from the company that made it (for Linux/BSD/etc. most packaging systems have it).

I'm not into the whole chainsaws in puzzle games thing, though :( (or violent games in general).
Thanks for the open source puyo puyo info. This is the first time I learn about it.

Also I understand that some people don't like violent games, but isn't that Meatboy Franchise is the parody of that? Sure there's blood and depiction of raw meat but they're depicted as comically silly. A living peace of meat wanting rescue his meaty girlfriend from a classic villain that's pretty much a brain in a jar. But all of them drawn in cartoony style.
"Some locations might turn out to be familiar to you..."

Yes, they might be familiar, ... if we had Super Meat Boy here :)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine with extras... Couldn't have gone for a slightly more original name? <_<
Wow, that sounds like an exciting game! Dr. Fetus' Mean Meat Machine seems to offer a unique combination of puzzle and platforming elements that should appeal to a wide range of gamers. It's great that the game features hand-crafted worlds and over 100 puzzle levels, providing plenty of challenge and variety. And with familiar locations presented in a new classic puzzle game-inspired format, it's sure to be a hit with fans of the Super Meat Boy series. The dazzling backgrounds, animations, and RIDICULON soundtrack are also sure to add to the overall experience. We can't wait to try it out on GOG!
RedRagan:
I hope you like FloboPuyo and hopefully we well get some Puyo Puyo games eventually. There is also super puzzle platformer which is quite difficult and doesn't seem to have all that many levels (unless there are more past what I managed to get to) but is ok. I go back to FloboPuyo more often.

Personally, I don't care if this one is intended to be a parody, it is still violent and I prefer games that aren't, or are at least more abstract about it. But some people want gory games or have a higher tolerance of it. I admit to only looking at the game at all after a WTF moment from the over the top title.
Release Date Trailer

"Dr. Fetus' Mean Meat Machine is coming to PC on June 22nd - and it will put the match-4 puzzle genre put through the meat grinder!"