It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King are coming soon, DRM-free

Two of the most beloved Disney games of all time make their long-awaited return to PC in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King!

Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas, save your progress anywhere and take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games.

Notice: Users who have previously purchased Disney’s Aladdin or Disney’s The Lion King on GOG.COM will receive discount toward Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
I played both on Megadrive/Genesis. I'm feel so old...
First thought: Meh, same with a fancy resolution-illusion border

Then I saw the feature list. Looks like they made the difficult balance by really adding cool stuff and keeping the flair of the games. Respect :)
Nice to see them return to GOG in a polished and nicely packaged way. If the discount is fair, a second purchase is not out of question ;). Cheers
Tarhiel: Perfect!
I was hoping this would end up here.
Looking forward to play it finally :)
PaterAlf: I'm curious what the discount for owners of the old games will be.
Tarhiel: I hope there will be some at least.
The OP says there will. ;)
trusteft: Great news even though I am not a huge fan.

I do hope Disney brings more games here, especially Split Second Velocity. A GREAT fun racing game.
Yeah, I would also like to see that. :)

And maybe some older remastered racing game like

Walt Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour
Cars franchise (there were several racing games and other adventure type)
Mickey's Speedway
i_hope_you_rot: Release date : October 29

Price : $29.99
$26,99
I've played classic versions a bit just after they become unavailable/remove from GOG and I must admit that remastering may be a good idea. It may add to gameplay and perhaps provide some modes making the games actually beatable for guys like me :) However – if the price is as i_hope_you_rot informed above, I should wait a few long years to check...
Robette: $26,99
Confirmed or just your guess?
Are we also going to get the original DOS versions?
low rated
Can i guess ? 0% off .
I hope they will not replace my classic versions with new ones once I'll pick them
Reading the headline I thought you really would bring back the original classic games. But instead we get some kind of remake which, according to the screenshots, runs in a frame with a large border around it, comes without Linux support and most likely will be overpriced. How disappointing!
I have mixed feelings about the new rerelease of 2 Disney videogames.
I played 3 platformer games from Disney Software in my childhood, I had Aladdin on Sega Megadrive, Lion King and Jungle Book on Dos.
I don't believe I should buy those 3 Disney videogames so much online.
I tried the Donald Duck: Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow game that I bought on a sale and I can say it's a fine action platformer game with limited view angle.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by csikocska89
If only GOG could get Disney to bring Disney Tarzan Action Game and Timon and Pumbaa's Jungle Games here it could be awesome. Now that I see this it could be very possible in the near future. o_o
Hopefully it'll have a square pixel mode. I don't like stretching 320x224 Mega Drive games to 4:3 (SNES I prefer stretching to 1.43:1, but 4:3 is fine).
Post edited October 07, 2019 by SirYodaJedi