It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When life gives you hoverbikes...

Desert Child is coming soon, DRM-free.

Earth is on borrowed time and the Grand Prix on Mars is your ticket out of here! Use your wicked hoverbike driving skills and tolerance for base salary jobs to keep yourself afloat and slowly accumulate the money you need to escape this dump.
low rated

Post edited November 25, 2018 by Fairfox
fortune_p_dawg: because that's probably what it was developed and tested on.

in reality it's minimum requirements are probably much less. ive found that this is the case with many indie titles.
Maxvorstadt: They tested it on a C 64 and say it needs a GTX 980? Weird logic, but that`s Indie gaming. :-D
If this is not a GOG typo or bug ... then it is at least funny to read:

Indy developer: ( Googled)

How much do indie game developers make?
The average annual salary for a solo indie game-maker in $11,812, down a whopping 4% from last year. But if you were part of a crew of indies, things were better with an average of $50,833. Programmers earn the most cash, pulling down an average of $93,251 a year.Jul 22, 2014
Thats a decent income allowing to buy a good ( quite expensive) GPU and PC
i always thought they had to do with less and usually could not afford a high end PC, seems they can, many times hardware is bundled and quite cheap, so many Indy games can have quite high min requirements.

Googled result

What qualifies as an indie game?
An independent video game, or an indie game, is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution.
In the good old days many devs from certain regions made good games, affordable games and ran on a low system
( polish/russian games and more in that region of poor developers) seems these good days are gone ‘︿’ which is bad and very sad cause i was able to aquire a nice number of games in retailshops (of which are only a few left, all turned internet online to order the games ( i prefer a real shop whee i can see the games)

Anyway guess we have to do with games that are called indy or casual, but need a pretty high requirement, many times the games look like they could run on a p3.

Googled:

When did the Pentium 3 come out?
The second version, codenamed Coppermine (Intel product code: 80526), was released on October 25, 1999, running at 500, 533, 550, 600, 650, 667, 700, and 733 MHz. From December 1999 to May 2000, Intel released Pentium IIIs running at speeds of 750, 800, 850, 866, 900, 933 and 1000 MHz (1 GHz)
Anyway i still miss really good games, games that stood out in the games crowd, not the 30 in a dozen.
Engines used: today i see games with graphics that look like LEGO, straw, fruit and veggies , graphics looking like Adobe Flash/illustrator, also Voxels, and more new graphics types are used by the thousands.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Sometimes I think that there is a competition going on between Indie developers: who can make the worst looking game with the highest system requirements!
It's probably a liability thing. You can't ask for a refund due to the game not running on your system since you only have a 970 – should've read the specs. The publisher has to guarantee that the game will run on the minimal specs provided, so being safe rather than sorry, for them means going high.

I assume one factor is that indie studios without a big publisher don't have a hardware lab to do testing on. Nobody might have had a lower-spec system up and running to test it on.

Not satisfactory for the potential buyers, of course… but maybe we'll at least hear about performance experiences from other players.
Hey everyone, thanks for your interest in Desert Child! I'm with the publisher Akupara Games.

We appreciate your feedback on the minimum specs, and we're going to look into safely lowering it a bit.

The developer who made the game is a single guy, who did everything! Our publishing studio is also fairly small. We have a limited number of devices, and so we only make promises we know we can keep - generally keeping minimum specs higher ensures it runs great for everyone.

That being said since we created the original specs, we did a ton of optimization and improvements for performance. We expect the minimum requirements will be able to be a bit lower, but we still don't want to just throw random numbers out there.

We'd love your help when the game releases, to tell us your specs and what the game runs well on.

In the meantime we'll test with some older computers and see how the game plays now with the latest improvements.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by akuparagames
akuparagames: Hey everyone, thanks for your interest in Desert Child! I'm with the publisher Akupara Games.

We appreciate your feedback on the minimum specs, and we're going to look into safely lowering it a bit.

The developer who made the game is a single guy, who did everything! Our publishing studio is also fairly small. We have a limited number of devices, and so we only make promises we know we can keep - generally keeping minimum specs higher ensures it runs great for everyone.

That being said since we created the original specs, we did a ton of optimization and improvements for performance. We expect the minimum requirements will be able to be a bit lower, but we still don't want to just throw random numbers out there.

We'd love your help when the game releases, to tell us your specs and what the game runs well on.

In the meantime we'll test with some older computers and see how the game plays now with the latest improvements.
Hi, congratulations for this release, the game of Oscar Brittain is very promising. I saw on Steam that the game will include the implementation of the achievements, they will also be present on GOG? Thanks in advance.

Hi, congratulations for this release, the game of Oscar Brittain is very promising. I saw on Steam that the game will include the implementation of the achievements, they will also be present on GOG? Thanks in advance.
Yes! We're actually working on that right now and hope to have something for GOG to review tomorrow :)
Hmm... such a shame Sable has my attention on the whole hover bike thing more.

akuparagames: Yes! We're actually working on that right now and hope to have something for GOG to review tomorrow :)
Awesome, thank you very much!
akuparagames: Hey everyone, thanks for your interest in Desert Child! I'm with the publisher Akupara Games.

Alexim: Hi, congratulations for this release, the game of Oscar Brittain is very promising. I saw on Steam that the game will include the implementation of the achievements, they will also be present on GOG? Thanks in advance.
Hi!

Achievements are available on GOG!
Post edited January 02, 2019 by akuparagames
Alexim: Hi, congratulations for this release, the game of Oscar Brittain is very promising. I saw on Steam that the game will include the implementation of the achievements, they will also be present on GOG? Thanks in advance.
akuparagames: Hi!

Achievements are available on GOG!
Thanks, the day the game was released I saw that the tag "achievements" had been added to the game.
Thank you for your support!