It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare to sit behind the cockpit of the powerful helicopters in intense and thrilling dog fights! Comanche is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
teceem: I played it in the 90s.
Given that it was released last year, I rather doubt that.
Didnt know this game, but i liked the visuals. Gonna check it out on release.
teceem: I played it in the 90s.
eric5h5: Given that it was released last year, I rather doubt that.
You're right! Stupid reboots... I was assuming that it was this game:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/comanche-maximum-overkill
(why wouldn't I? GOG might not be "good old games" anymore, but STILL...)
Strijkbout: Funny, the RAH-66 Comanche project has been canned by the US ARMY since 2004 and new Comanche games are still being made.

Mine as well make games about this gem as well.
The Comanche was never meant to replace the Apache as the US Army's main atttack helicopter;it was meant to be a stealth copter used mainly for scouting,thugh of curse the video games emphasized the shoot em up aspects.
The advent of the drone meant that the scouting mission which was COmanche;s main mission ..scouting..could be done by drones without endangering aircrews and done much cheaper also. Cancellation was a no brainer ,particulary given the Comanche was having severe cost overruns i.
WinterSnowfall: I'm just gonna leave this here... target destroyed!
MarkoH01: YES!

We did it. Let's get home :)
Such nostalgia! Comanche: Maximum Overkill was the first game I ever bought for myself. I was 11 or 12 years old and browsing the discount bin in CompUSA.

The intro music and the music from the Comanche 3 trailer included on the disk still give me shivers for some reason.

I recently enabled MT-32 emulation to hear that version of the music and it was such a strange experience. It felt wrong, but also really cool.

Anyway, long story short, I'd insta-buy a classic Comanche collection.
Post edited June 19, 2021 by apparition
Goshdarn if the 1992 Comanche game gets release at some point I'd buy that immediately.
apparition: Anyway, long story short, I'd insta-buy a classic Comanche collection.
Dray2k: Goshdarn if the 1992 Comanche game gets release at some point I'd buy that immediately.
Hopefully THQ Nordic is listening and will launch the entire series along with this reboot of sorts...
Does it have voxel graphics?
I think I might have played one of the Comanche games from the late 90s--I do remember there being a helicopter game with (for its time) good 3D graphics, partially destructible terrain, and a map editor. It was a lot more arcade-like than the contemporary Jane's series, but it worked well and was quite enjoyable.
I only got into the Comanche franchise after Comanche 4 released, and I absolutely loved that game.
Very satisfactory gameplay and stellar visuals for the time.
If you want to have cities, you’ve got to build roads.
GOG.com: Prepare to sit behind the cockpit of the powerful helicopters in intense and thrilling dog fights! Comanche is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Yes, super flightsimulatie. De beste helicopter simultie die er is.