It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two spicy action fantasy simulators from Manga Gamer are coming soon to GOG!

Beat Angel Escalayer R
When Kyouhei Yanase's everyday life is interrupted by the invasion of an intergalactic menace, Dai-Lust, he chases after his fleeing classmate, Sayuka, only to find her transforming into the magical superhero, Escalayer! With her powers awakened, she makes quick work of the initial invaders, but the threat to Earth is far from vanquished!

Beat Blades Haruka
Evil ninjas have invaded Japan to try and conquer it with their deviant ideals and revive the ancient creature that grants them power! And the only way to stop them--is to get it on with your own group of ninjas! We follow Takamaru Ikusabe and discover that he is the heir to a clan of heroic ninjas known as the Crescent Moons and as such he has the ability to provide supernatural energy.

Get ready for lots of hot fun!
clarry: Also it's almost criminal for GOG not to pick up the pre-/sequel to Amrilato. I mean, I don't know that GOG has rejected it but if that tweet from MangaGamer is correct.. I also don't see any reason why MG would've withheld that release.
Yeah, I was surprised it never got a release here. Breaking up series sucks. :(
The same dev has other yuri titles that would be nice to see here too - The Curse of Kudan and OshiRabu.

clarry: As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I finally caved and bought a bunch of things (including itsuka) direct from MG under the assumption that there will be no more of their releases on GOG :(
See GOG, you're missing out on sales.
Big brain move if their goal is for MG to get more money though. :P *taps head*

Reaper9988: Just bring the whole catalogue GOG.
Preferably to having games split up in many stores ;)
Yep, just dump it all here! XD

About splitting libraries... I've seen comments elsewhere that people are wary of buying on a different store just for a handful of games. So a game not released on their preferred platform is a lost sale, even if the title is really good. And that they pick a preferred platform based on the volume of titles it has...

So if GOG cares at all to have VNs sell better (or just grow their customer base), they need more of them. Especially the highly acclaimed and popular ones.

Also, since many VN fans are growing disillusioned with Steam's rejections and monopoly, they're looking to alternatives. Strike while the iron is hot, just sayin'
Post edited November 23, 2022 by milkyhighway
Ok guys, so I discovered this fandom today, and I have a couple of questions. Beat Angel Escalayer R supposed to be the first game in the series, while Beat Blades Haruka is the second. Yet Haruka is cheaper than Escalayer (at least in my region). Shouldn't it be the other way around? Same on JAST. Also, is it ok to start with the second game just because it's cheaper?
N1c3_0n3: Ok guys, so I discovered this fandom today, and I have a couple of questions. Beat Angel Escalayer R supposed to be the first game in the series, while Beat Blades Haruka is the second. Yet Haruka is cheaper than Escalayer (at least in my region). Shouldn't it be the other way around? Same on JAST. Also, is it ok to start with the second game just because it's cheaper?
The R is the important part, as far as I know Escalayer R is a Reamake from 2020 whereas Haruka is from 2016
clarry: Also it's almost criminal for GOG not to pick up the pre-/sequel to Amrilato. I mean, I don't know that GOG has rejected it but if that tweet from MangaGamer is correct.. I also don't see any reason why MG would've withheld that release.
milkyhighway: Yeah, I was surprised it never got a release here. Breaking up series sucks. :(
The same dev has other yuri titles that would be nice to see here too - The Curse of Kudan and OshiRabu.

clarry: As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I finally caved and bought a bunch of things (including itsuka) direct from MG under the assumption that there will be no more of their releases on GOG :(
milkyhighway: See GOG, you're missing out on sales.
Big brain move if their goal is for MG to get more money though. :P *taps head*

Reaper9988: Just bring the whole catalogue GOG.
Preferably to having games split up in many stores ;)
milkyhighway: Yep, just dump it all here! XD

About splitting libraries... I've seen comments elsewhere that people are wary of buying on a different store just for a handful of games. So a game not released on their preferred platform is a lost sale, even if the title is really good. And that they pick a preferred platform based on the volume of titles it has...

So if GOG cares at all to have VNs sell better (or just grow their customer base), they need more of them. Especially the highly acclaimed and popular ones.

Also, since many VN fans are growing disillusioned with Steam's rejections and monopoly, they're looking to alternatives. Strike while the iron is hot, just sayin'
Yup I don't like splitting either, although for some stuff it's impossible to avoid. Like a lot of stuff from DLSite, but the less the better.
Post edited November 24, 2022 by Reaper9988
N1c3_0n3: Ok guys, so I discovered this fandom today, and I have a couple of questions. Beat Angel Escalayer R supposed to be the first game in the series, while Beat Blades Haruka is the second. Yet Haruka is cheaper than Escalayer (at least in my region). Shouldn't it be the other way around? Same on JAST. Also, is it ok to start with the second game just because it's cheaper?
What Reaper9988 said is true: Escalayer R is a remake, but is first in the series. If you want specific dates:
Escalayer (original) 2002 > Haruka 2008 > Escalayer R (remake) 2014 > Beat Valkyrie Ixseal* 2017

For Escalayer R, they changed quite a lot; like remade graphics (not just upres, but full redrawing) and story changes. As usual for any game remake, the higher price reflects the extra effort.
Haruka is cheaper because it's the original version. It also doesn't have a remake.

* Ixseal hasn't been translated yet.
milkyhighway: What Reaper9988 said is true: Escalayer R is a remake, but is first in the series. If you want specific dates:
Escalayer (original) 2002 > Haruka 2008 > Escalayer R (remake) 2014 > Beat Valkyrie Ixseal* 2017

For Escalayer R, they changed quite a lot; like remade graphics (not just upres, but full redrawing) and story changes. As usual for any game remake, the higher price reflects the extra effort.
Haruka is cheaper because it's the original version. It also doesn't have a remake.

* Ixseal hasn't been translated yet.
thanks milkyhighway and Reaper9988. I didn't notice the R at the end. Out of all the things the letter R could refer to, I didn't expect it to stand for Remake. The store page's description doesn't even mention it's a remake/remaster. Great marketing :(
Post edited November 25, 2022 by N1c3_0n3
N1c3_0n3: I didn't notice the R at the end. Out of all the things the letter R could refer to, I didn't expect it to stand for Remake.
Haha yeah, it's a weird naming choice.
The same naming issue tripped up people when Da Capo III R released here. It was back before GOG allowed adult content, so people naturally got confused why there were no 18+ scenes. XD