It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Check out this incoming gem of a remake – first released in 1999, Amerzone - The Explorer's Legacy is coming soon on GOG!

Answer the call of exploration as you travel to Amerzone, a forgotten Latin American country, to fulfill the last wishes of a late explorer. Investigate the ruins of this secretive land reclaimed by nature, meet intriguing characters with deep backstories and solve intricate puzzles to uncover the truth. Will you unveil the mysteries surrounding the mythical Great White Birds?

Soon on GOG!
Oh that's interesting!

I will probably get booed out of the thread, but I think they should have unlocked the camera and gone with FPS controls.

First person point and click looks weird, especially in this day and age.

I'll still get it though.
I played Amerzone a few years ago, after finishing first two Syberia games. I remember enjoying it, liking the story, lore, graphics and the inventions. But also remember several frustrating spots where I spent hours trying to solve a single puzzle, like wandering around a marsh trying to figure what I was supposed to find. A few were just trial & error, where I never saw anything that would have led me to a more direct solution. That may just be me, Overall the positives far outweighed the negatives, most of the puzzles were fun to figure out. I'm very interested to see what the new release is like.
Interesting, I really enjoyed the original. And everytime I see the title I hear in my head the way Alvarez shouts the word 'Amerzone' during his speech in the game. :)
A pleasant surprise - had no idea a remake is in the works.:)
It might help new people discover this first game of Benoît Sokal and I would gladly play it.
Great visuals imho
The graphics look good, but it's kind of weird to see a remake. The original holds up pretty well in my opinion, and more realistic visuals might make pixel hunting harder, as well as take away a little from the "dream-like" setting with all its curious creatures.

I guess they want to explore the characters more, this time around. I'll keep an eye out for this one, since the original is one of my favourite adventures.
The only enhancement this game needs is to add subtitles.
As long as they don't do anything silly like someone did with another adventure game from the same era, like removing puzzles etc, it should be ok. I like how it looks and I like how they stayed with the original movement of the game.
This looks great! Can't wait to immerse myself back into this unique world and the legend of the White Bird.
Amerzone was the first game of B. Sokal's I played, long before Syberia. I still have the physical big box cd version (the gog version, as well).
I think it's a pretty underrated -and underappreciated- game, especially for players diving into it after playing Syberia. Hope this version introduces more new players to that beautifuly crafted universe.

By the way, will we get B. Sokal's Paradise sometime in the future? Was it ever in Gog?
Let's not forget, that the original is still available (and currently 80% off):

https://www.gog.com/en/game/amerzone_the_explorer_legacy
Very exciting! Love the original and this looks fantastic.
will there be a discount for the owners of the OG?
What happenned to other languages? Voiceover only in English and French?
Post edited March 08, 2024 by polecat1
Oh, wow, this one looks really promising.
I liked the original.