It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for an adventure game where you explore modern Jakarta as Rama in his journey to learn about himself, create music, and find love. Afterlove EP is coming soon to GOG.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
After wading through this excitement filled comment section, it looks like we've got another home run release by GOG's esteemed curation team.
low rated
ReynardFox: After wading through this excitement filled comment section, it looks like we've got another home run release by GOG's esteemed curation team.
Yeah, I just can't contain myself. Anime looking hipster dating sim. FUN!

I mean, we could fight hordes of evil toads in a beautiful, acclaimed, unique fantasy game, but here we get to buy coffee! Someone stop this rollercoster!

Yeah, we could have this impressive looking cyberpunk RPG, but wouldn't you rather play as a boring dork in awkwardly too short pants "languishing in his existence" instead?
ReynardFox: After wading through this excitement filled comment section, it looks like we've got another home run release by GOG's esteemed curation team.
Breja: Yeah, I just can't contain myself. Anime looking hipster dating sim. FUN!

I mean, we could fight hordes of evil toads in a beautiful, acclaimed, unique fantasy game, but here we get to buy coffee! Someone stop this rollercoster!

Yeah, we could have this impressive looking cyberpunk RPG, but wouldn't you rather play as a boring dork in awkwardly too short pants "languishing in his existence" instead?
Maybe the curation team is terminally lonely, and the games are a cry for help - or their death woes.
Breja: Yeah, I just can't contain myself. Anime looking hipster dating sim. FUN!

Unfortunately for the moment the developers of Tails of Iron don't want to release the game on GOG, while Curve Digital, the publisher of The Ascent, has cut almost every relationship with GOG if not to delist their games from the store.

Alexim: Unfortunately for the moment the developers of Tails of Iron don't want to release the game on GOG, while Curve Digital, the publisher of The Ascent, has cut almost every relationship with GOG if not to delist their games from the store.
Why? I mean, are they all just unwilling to sell their games DRM free, or is GOG being diffcult to cooperate with and not worth the bother? Because If GOG not only can't get any AAA games but also can't get the good indie titles, and all we have to look forward to is stuff like this, then this place is in real trouble.
Alexim: Unfortunately for the moment the developers of Tails of Iron don't want to release the game on GOG, while Curve Digital, the publisher of The Ascent, has cut almost every relationship with GOG if not to delist their games from the store.
Breja: Why? I mean, are they all just unwilling to sell their games DRM free, or is GOG being diffcult to cooperate with and not worth the bother? Because If GOG not only can't get any AAA games but also can't get the good indie titles, and all we have to look forward to is stuff like this, then this place is in real trouble.
You'd have to ask them, but I guess the simplest explanation is that they don't feel the revenue on GOG is enough to justify a release here.

Steam has such an immovable monopoly that if an indie breaks through on that platform, any other release is seen as useless. Just see on GOG the many missing sequels of indies that have been successful on Steam (Hades, Risk of Rain 2, Spelunky 2, Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon etc. etc.).

Hey now, I love my dull hipster dating sims, I mean who needs exciting and engaging games such as the ascent, it's a top down CPRPG with incredible visuals and addictive gameplay, why have that mainstream tripe-fest when you can have... rhythm games in a slower paced contemplative experie*

Oh, crap, I can't keep this up, why the hell can't we have games like the Ascent instead of this hipster-bait that will sell only 20 copies here!? Yes, I'm glad we are getting experimental indies, but please balance them out with bigger ticket items that will guarantee a crap-ton of sales here!
Post edited December 23, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
Nice, was hoping this would come here since Coffee Talk already did. Looking forward to it!
Neat. Looks like someone read, How to Draw Manga and took all the wrong lessons from it.

Also, not to put too fine a point on things, but for a game that takes place in the capitol of Indonesia:

WHERE ARE THE INDONESIANS?
I agree with almost everybody in this thread, but I can't help but feel bad for the developers of this game.
While I do agree that GOG's curation is, well, strange at best, and that this release illustrates it very well, the people behind this game just want to sell the result of their work.

These people haven't done anything wrong, but I have mixed feelings about it because like I said, I agree with almost everyone here...
Darvond: WHERE ARE THE INDONESIANS?
Sadly the game is only available in english .
DD & Ji Ji: Sadly the game is only available in english .
A coincidental irony that may be, I more meant in the matter of styling and appearance. I realize they're not all fez wearing people, but there are a few missing cultural callsigns that make me wonder if this could have been set in any tropical country.
Maybe people that like it aren't using the forum.
I sure am interested.