It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic 2.5D dungeon crawler RPG in which you'll take charge of a group of adventurers searching for the next challenge – Spirit of Adventure is now available on GOG with a -25% discount that lasts until August 21st, 1 PM UTC.

Moreover, if you have Realms of Arkania 1+2 or Realms of Arkania 3 (or both) in your library, you can grab Spirit of Adventure with a -40% discount!

This 1991’s gem from the legendary German game development studio Attic Entertainment lets you take charge of a group of 6 heroes that you can freely choose and determine. Each of these characters is equipped with their own abilities that can be useful in your missions.

As you make your way through the world of Spirit of Adventure, you'll meet many people with whom you can interact. But who can you trust? Who is on your side?

Start a battle against the forces of evil and experience a true classic!
high rated
Nice, thanks for unearthing and bringing back another classic.
high rated
First line on the game page:

"GREAT NEWS: "Spirit of Adventure" from the legendary German game development studio Attic Entertainment is finally available on Steam."

*sigh*. C'mon GOG, please proofread.
The old Realms of Arkania (Blade of destiny, Star Trail etc) daddy/prototype. It looked pretty similar. Maybe less complex. Good oportunity to play it, never tried it in the past.

GREAT NEWS: "Spirit of Adventure" from the legendary German game development studio Attic Entertainment is finally available on Steam.
LOL, thank you for the recommendation. Yeah, I only heard good stuff about this other site.

edit: fixed now.
Post edited August 11, 2023 by g2222
leaguehq: "GREAT NEWS: "Spirit of Adventure" from the legendary German game development studio Attic Entertainment is finally available on Steam."
GOGBears in violation of their own rules? Impossible :P. To GOGBear detention they go.
Post edited August 11, 2023 by WinterSnowfall
Thought it was against the rules to promote games on other stores. Silly me :))
Gudadantza: The old Realms of Arkania (Blade of destiny, Star Trail etc) daddy/prototype. It looked pretty similar. Maybe less complex. Good oportunity to play it, never tried it in the past.
Would that mean also The Dark Eye ruleset or just the look?
Post edited August 11, 2023 by Cavalary
Looks interesting. Wishlisted for now.
This is so not my kind of game ... but I have to see this now and it is so hard to ignore it (FF even blocked the yt video from showing it directly ... they know why ...) ... please introduce a filter function to give me the option of not having to see these kind of games anymore .... ;)

Sorry, I could not resist ... though it still is absolutely not my cup of tea I am of course glad for those who like these games. :)
Cavalary: Thought it was against the rules to promote games on other stores. Silly me :))
Gudadantza: The old Realms of Arkania (Blade of destiny, Star Trail etc) daddy/prototype. It looked pretty similar. Maybe less complex. Good oportunity to play it, never tried it in the past.
Cavalary: Would that mean also The Dark Eye ruleset or just the look?
I believe it is not Dark Eye Rules, it is only the look, interface, engine, etc.
Wishlisted.
Swedrami: Nice, thanks for unearthing and bringing back another classic.
gog did nothing in this case, it's been on steam for more than a year, as also evidenced by the gog store page. not only can they not make sure 30-year-old games (re-)debut on their storefront, or in some cases show up at all despite being avallable elsewhere, they can't even be fucked to skim the store page text for any steam remains, it's just lazy copy-paste.
Looks a bit like Bard's Tale to me.

One complaint, however, is that the game doesn't numerically show the HP of the party on the battle screen.

(This is going off by the screenshots.)
YES! Thank you GOG for being GOG!! :)
Insta-wishlisted for now.
dtgreene: Looks a bit like Bard's Tale to me.

One complaint, however, is that the game doesn't numerically show the HP of the party on the battle screen.

(This is going off by the screenshots.)
Yes.It can be considered a Bard`s Tale III clone. 2.5D perspective and real time in cities, first person, turn based, phased based combat in the vein of Bard`s Tale, Random encounters but not one comba every step like in BT, Puzzles, riddles, Dungeon Crawling etc...

No automap and very old school. Basically what I was in the mood for. An oldie blobber Dungeon Crawler for a warmy summer :D