It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I always wanted to play this classic after playing Wing Commander Privateer, Galaxy on Fire and Homeworld.

I hear that joystick is best for TIE Fighter because there are so many controls. I don't want to buy a joystick just for this game. Also, apparently Keyboard and mouse is not ungainly and awkward for heavy dogfighting.

I have an X Box 360 for PC. Will this work with TIE Fighter? Both the DOS and 1995 version (which is the best version apparently).

Has anyone tried a X Box 360 controller?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
The X wing series are unplayble with a controller even if the gog version recongizies one. If you are going to play thise series of games, you just have to invest in a joystick.
dudalb: The X wing series are unplayble with a controller even if the gog version recongizies one. If you are going to play thise series of games, you just have to invest in a joystick.
Not true, I just used my normal PC, dual joystick controller for both the CD version of x wing and X wing vs. tie fighter
I've been able to play the game with a 360 Controller, but be aware that you'll still need your keyboard as the controller only has so many buttons.