It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: Doomsday for the EU. Now the path is open for other countries to break away from the EU and its non-democratic leaders.
That would be very much preferred. Then we can renegotiate the common market and leave it at that. Its never meant to be more then that.
Well, next country is Holland.
Nirth: I didn't know he used politics to his advantage, I only thought he was currency soldier and philanthropist. Still, I have some respect for him because he was a student under Karl Popper and he doesn't have a degree in economics as most people likely assume, he has a degree in philosophy.
TARFU: George Soros almost died in the Holocaust. Yeah, he fell out of a concentration camp guard tower. But seriously:

This is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):

Quote:
KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews....
Soros is many disgusting things but Nazi collaborator isn't one of them.

If you want to see *real* Nazi collaboration, look at the Transfer Agreement between the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Nazi gov't. *That's* Nazi collaboration, and happened well before there were any Jews that needed to be rescued. It's shocking, but it's true. Those Zionist shits helped to ensure that the Holocaust happened by sabotaging the Jewish Boycott that would have toppled the Nazi gov't if they had instead supported it.
Ah shit. Not the result I was hoping for...

I don't think this is going to end well for us... :(

But time will tell I suppose.
Maxvorstadt: Doomsday for the EU. Now the path is open for other countries to break away from the EU and its non-democratic leaders.
Personally, I hope that the Brits follow up by ridding themselves of their Royal parasites.
adaliabooks: Ah shit. Not the result I was hoping for...

I see two scenarios. The first is that the UK will renegotiate terms with the EU and ignore the referendum. The second is that they really leave, but probably keep most agreements in place. Anything else would be a disaster for both parties.
Matruchus: Congratulations to the British on deciding for independence.

Now we shall see if news of preparations for Dutch, Danish and French independence referendums are true.

I hope we get the same option soon.
Hopefully.

Don't forget about Grexit.
fronzelneekburm: It's the spine-growing part that I'm happy about. The Brits have decided to leave the sinking ship, I say good for them!
Well, not all of the British, as the Scots and Irish did say "no". And the people of Gibraltar as well.
catpower1980: EDIT: BTW, I'm not too worried about the dropping Pound as years ago (around 2010 I think) it costed 1,1 Euro (compared to the too much pricey 1,4 Euro not so long ago). I guess I'm gonna import a lot of stuff this summer.....
The Euro dropped hard as well, you know?
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Unkalibriert
adaliabooks: Ah shit. Not the result I was hoping for...

blotunga: I see two scenarios. The first is that the UK will renegotiate terms with the EU and ignore the referendum. The second is that they really leave, but probably keep most agreements in place. Anything else would be a disaster for both parties.
I'm kind of hoping so. Though I think flat out ignoring the results (rather than holding a second one with renegotiated terms) would be an awful precedent for democracy here.

And failing that I'm hoping Nicola Sturgeon gets her arse in gear and brings Scotland out of the UK, if they had an independence vote today I would vote Yes now.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by adaliabooks
Very sad indeed.

Breaking something and fleeing from it prevailed over attempt to fix it instead.
I said it before with smaller countries separating from bigger ones. How are we supposed to one day create United Federation of Planets if our own earthly areas are being divided into smaller pieces that have toruble co-operating?

I wonder what will follow up. Scotland and Norther Ireland voted strongly for staying so I wonder if there will be another attempts to break away from England to be able to stay.
Would be kind of ironic if leaveing EU to have stronger Britain would lead to its fracturing instead.

It's good the older people know better what is best for youngs (as usual) and don't fear to go against their wishes to make it happen. :-/

18-24: 75% Remain
25-49: 56% Remain
50-64: 44% Remain
65+: 39% Remain
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Vitek
UK has always been one foot inside and one outside the EU. If they now want to leave their business. They will remain isolated from the rest of the world.

For two years, they will enjoy the privilege of staying in Europe, after which they will meet to deal with the world on their own.

farewell UK.

PS. if anyone else want to leave, leave now. We don't need country that want to stay alone.
UK economy had so strong .... now they enjoy what it means to have a weak economy.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by LiefLayer
SLP2000: Hopefully.

Don't forget about Grexit.
Is there gonna be a Plexit?
X-com: Is there gonna be a Plexit?
I dare to dream.
So the result apparently was leave..hm... Well, the acquaintance I had mentioned in the 1st page is glad (that person's, as I said, is like, "screw the British, we did not want'em anyways!"), but I personally don't know how to feel, especially as Scotland and North Ireland did not want to leave. The outcome I'm personally hoping for is that Scotland and North Ireland will insist on staying in the EU, which will thus prod Scotland to finally gain its independence and North Ireland will hopefully reunite with South Ireland thus bringing to fruition this century-long ambition of theirs...
P.S. by "hoping" here I mean the outcome I think will be best for those that do not wish to be dragged out of the EU against their own wishes...
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Treasure
X-com: Is there gonna be a Plexit?
Hopefully not if only for the horrendous name. :-)