It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitek: Breaking something and fleeing from it prevailed over attempt to fix it instead.
Not if fixing it is beyond one's capabilities. That said, I'm ambivalent in the Brexit situation.

Vitek: I said it before with smaller countries separating from bigger ones. How are we supposed to one day create United Federation of Planets if our own earthly areas are being divided into smaller pieces that have toruble co-operating?
That's unlikely. Given the economy nowadays, it's more likely large corporations will fund space colonization as soon as it's profitable but we likely have long before that, mining asteroids is complicated enough.
X-com: Is there gonna be a Plexit?
SLP2000: I dare to dream.
Interesting. I would think Polish would know better than others what is worth "full national sovereignty" when your nation is bordering some stronger "fully sovereign" nation.
Treasure: So the result apparently was leave..hm... Well, the acquaintance I had mentioned in the 1st page is glad (that person's, as I said, is like, "screw the British, we did not want'em anyways!"), but I personally don't know how to feel, especially as Scotland and North Ireland did not want to leave. The outcome I'm personally hoping for is that Scotland and North Ireland will insist on staying in the EU, which will thus prod Scotland to finally gain its independence and North Ireland will hopefully reunite with South Ireland thus bringing to fruition this century-long ambition of theirs...
P.S. by "hoping" here I mean the outcome I think will be best for those that do not wish to be dragged out of the EU against their own wishes...
This is basically what I'm hoping now. That the silver lining in all this might be a reunited (Independent) Ireland for the first time in centuries. Hell maybe even Scotland should get in on that deal, a new Celtic Union...

But I agree with Vitek. It probably sounds doom and gloom but I basically think the human race is f*cked. We need to move into space soon before the next asteroid or solar flare or whatever wipes us out completely (assuming we don't blow our selves up first) but we'll never do that with out cooperation, unity of the human race. And this (and the reaction from others throughout Europe) suggests we are still very far away from that.
SLP2000: I dare to dream.
Zabohad: Interesting. I would think Polish would know better than others what is worth "full national sovereignty" when your nation is bordering some stronger "fully sovereign" nation.
Did US ever offer anyone a better deal than what Soviets Offered?

Not that I'm aware of. You either took the offer or you got thumped. I know it wasn't any better if you were inside Soviet Union, but things being what they are today, I honestly think Russia is by far the lesser of the two evils.,
Treasure: So the result apparently was leave..hm... Well, the acquaintance I had mentioned in the 1st page is glad (that person's, as I said, is like, "screw the British, we did not want'em anyways!"), but I personally don't know how to feel, especially as Scotland and North Ireland did not want to leave. The outcome I'm personally hoping for is that Scotland and North Ireland will insist on staying in the EU, which will thus prod Scotland to finally gain its independence and North Ireland will hopefully reunite with South Ireland thus bringing to fruition this century-long ambition of theirs...
P.S. by "hoping" here I mean the outcome I think will be best for those that do not wish to be dragged out of the EU against their own wishes...
adaliabooks: This is basically what I'm hoping now. That the silver lining in all this might be a reunited (Independent) Ireland for the first time in centuries. Hell maybe even Scotland should get in on that deal, a new Celtic Union...

But I agree with Vitek. It probably sounds doom and gloom but I basically think the human race is f*cked. We need to move into space soon before the next asteroid or solar flare or whatever wipes us out completely (assuming we don't blow our selves up first) but we'll never do that with out cooperation, unity of the human race. And this (and the reaction from others throughout Europe) suggests we are still very far away from that.
Then they could drop the U from the UK and use only K :P
Zabohad: Interesting. I would think Polish would know better than others what is worth "full national sovereignty" when your nation is bordering some stronger "fully sovereign" nation.
It's not about the "full national sovereignty", it's about the direction EU is going to.
I've just heard it got approved.
To me it proves that stupidity is infinite.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by j0ekerr
blotunga: Then they could drop the U from the UK and use only K :P
Would be awesome if they changed their name to THE KINGDOM! Thereby diminishing or negating the existence of all the other kingdoms out there. Alpha as fuck!
j0ekerr: I've just heard it got approved.
To me it proves that stupidity is infinite.
I can assure you that it is infinitely relative.
richlind33: I can assure you that it is infinitely relative.
I'd ask you to ellaborate on that argument, but I have this averse reaction to hemlock.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by j0ekerr
richlind33: Did US ever offer anyone a better deal than what Soviets Offered?

Not that I'm aware of. You either took the offer or you got thumped. I know it wasn't any better if you were inside Soviet Union, but things being what they are today, I honestly think Russia is by far the lesser of the two evils.,
I didn't mean Soviets: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland. In it's imperial times, Poland (or, more precisely, The Commonwealth) used its sovereignty to conquer the land of its neighbors. Once its power waded out, it was divided among its neighbors, by the same rules. Sovereignty is cute moral principle, but you need some actual power to back it.

But since you were asking - yes, US did. Almost always. Their offers were equally of "cannot be refused" kind, it means equally amoral, but the actual deals was very different. There is HUGE practical difference between being mugged AND being mugged, raped and forced to thank for it.
catpower1980: EDIT: BTW, I'm not too worried about the dropping Pound as years ago (around 2010 I think) it costed 1,1 Euro (compared to the too much pricey 1,4 Euro not so long ago). I guess I'm gonna import a lot of stuff this summer.....
Unkalibriert: The Euro dropped hard as well, you know?
I don't give a damn :o)
Neither do I.
Eagerly awaiting official reactions from EU.
I'm a little afraid its reaction will be to try to bind the remaining EU countries harder to itself to force them to stay which was one thing that made UK leave in the first place. Hm. Very interesting times.
BREAKING NEWS (well, not so surprising) : David Cameron is apparently resigning