It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A sequel to a very popular strategic simulation game dealing with logistics will have a premiere on 11th December 2019. You can now pre-order Transport Fever 2 from Good Shepheard on GOG.COM with a 10% discount. If you’re a proud owner of the first Transport Fever game on GOG.COM, you get an additional 15% off – which means 25% discount in total. The promo lasts until the game’s release.
forum bump
Short Question: Why do get owners of Transport Fever 1 on steam 25% discound and owners of the first part here get only 15%?
Noice. I'm very much looking forward to it. :)
thunder007: Short Question: Why do get owners of Transport Fever 1 on steam 25% discound and owners of the first part here get only 15%?
Looks like GOG goofed it up again. They just fixed it.
Well first of, awesome to see this time sinking grave here on GOG. I already had an eye on it, but wrote it off as Steam-exclusive. Well that is an relief for me to get it here because as a hardliner for DRM-free gaming I would not buy it anywhere else.

I have over 200 hours on Train and Transport Fever, but I also remember that the game was very immature on release.
So you get 10% pre-order and only 5% as an owner of the previous games, even more so while Train Fever does not even count into this it seems? Should my bug-tracking as an veteran of these games not be worth a little more than this? Dunno how often the game crashed and sent you an bug-report, but within 200 hours … but then I see you give the Steam people an higher discount?

Well I am not a cheapskate, but … with such a situation I certainly won't pre-order and wait for the release, first owner reports, tests and press information. Better pay full price later on or wait for sale and know what you get I think.
Mr.Mumbles: Noice. I'm very much looking forward to it. :)
thunder007: Short Question: Why do get owners of Transport Fever 1 on steam 25% discound and owners of the first part here get only 15%?
Mr.Mumbles: Looks like GOG goofed it up again. They just fixed it.
That's better and pretty tempting. Forget what I said above, well most of it. Still on the fence when I remember the first days after release of the last games. On the other hand, I might as well buy it now and sit it out if there are bugs. At least the long-time support for the games was great, especially in regards to feature updates for free. Mmh wishlisted for now!
Post edited November 22, 2019 by Quasebarth
Do believe that this bit
and thanks to the extensive modding support, new creations are being developed constantly, which are available for free via the Steam Workshop and which can be easily integrated into the game.
shouldn't have been copied in the GOG description...
40$, huh.

That's a lot of dollar. So what does this offer over not only the previous title, but games like Simultrans or OpenTTD?
Don't know waht they did, but now I only get 10% off instead of 15% :-)

edit: Strange on the frontpage I get 25% on the itempage only 10% ....

edit2: after a few reloads it is working 25%, Thanks!

But I am not sure buying it here because of Steam Workshop. The Mod topic here at GoG is much more difficult then on steam. And like Cavalary stated out. It says use Steam Workshop in the description.....
Post edited November 23, 2019 by thunder007
Darvond: 40$, huh.

That's a lot of dollar. So what does this offer over not only the previous title, but games like Simultrans or OpenTTD?
Dunno. I only recently played Train Fever (and loved it) and delved a bit into Transport Fever (great improvement on the first game).

In comparison to OpenTTD (from Train Fever perspective, Transport is more complex, but in the same vein):

- the focus is on optimizing you own transport network and not going bankrupt (there is free play too), there is no competition
- it looks and feels like your own model railway.
- It's 3D with sexy curves. Meaning placing rails (and roads) is very fluent an organic, but this has its own challenges.

My advice would be to get one of the older games on sale to look if it's for you.
Transport Fever 2 - Gameplay Video (by zee developerzz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3zwILJiBL8
Same happened to me. You can click on the cart on the front page so it gets added to your card. This only works from the front page, not from the game's page (there the discount is reduced to 15%).

Then you can go to your cart, buy it and refund the old one.
thunder007: Don't know waht they did, but now I only get 10% off instead of 15% :-)

But I am not sure buying it here because of Steam Workshop. The Mod topic here at GoG is much more difficult then on steam. And like Cavalary stated out. It says use Steam Workshop in the description.....
Don't worry about the Steam workshop. They have their own page for mods (trainfever.net)

Have you seen the videos? Are you sure you want to ask this?
Just look at that canyon. I always failed to build a proper Glacier Express. I think now it is possible. I am so looking forward for a mountain map.
Post edited November 23, 2019 by specialsymbol
si l'aspect environnemental et la pollution générée par les différents type de transports est inclus sur ce jeu, cela peut être interessant. Dans le cas contraire, cela n'a aucun intérêt.
specialsymbol: Same happened to me. You can click on the cart on the front page so it gets added to your card. This only works from the front page, not from the game's page (there the discount is reduced to 15%).

Then you can go to your cart, buy it and refund the old one.
thunder007: Don't know waht they did, but now I only get 10% off instead of 15% :-)

specialsymbol: Don't worry about the Steam workshop. They have their own page for mods (trainfever.net)

specialsymbol: Have you seen the videos? Are you sure you want to ask this?
Just look at that canyon. I always failed to build a proper Glacier Express. I think now it is possible. I am so looking forward for a mountain map.
Of course I want to ask that. 40$ is a lot compared to most of the games on here.
Well, then - it's not comparable to OTTD (as the scope is a bit different).
I think it would mostly compare to Cities Skylines, just with the focus on transportation instead of city management.

In comparison to the previous installations it seems to offer bigger maps (finally) and, more interestingly, greater height differences.
Oh, and outstanding environment fidelity. Maybe not FS2020 fidelity, but still pretty impressive.
Always great to see a new game come to GOG immediately. Props to the publisher, thanks for supporting DRM-free gaming :)

Never played Transport Fever before, but sounds like something I might enjoy. Will give it a shot at some point for sure!