It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you feel the itch for adventure? That’s great because we have a special treat for you to celebrate the arrival of the new Tomb Raider titles to GOG.COM!

So, don’t simply wait for an adventure of a lifetime to happen all by itself – join our contest for a chance to win 1 of 15 bundles of all Tomb Raider titles available on our store!

To enter, all you have to do is tell us which ancient artifact or civilization you’d like to unearth and why.

Submit your answer before the contest ends on August 27, 2021, at 3 PM UTC. After that time, we will choose the most creative answers and award winners with HUGE collections of Lara Croft’s adventures we have mentioned above.
I would like archeologists unearth Jubal's music instrument so we can know how was the kind of music produced by the first musician according to Bible.
Gold and glory don't interest me, both are easily tarnished and quickly fade to memory. Knowledge... Knowledge is forever. Specifically the Great Library of Alexandria. Much knowledge was lost thanks to the stupidity and short-sightedness of others, confusing science as a direct challenge to their naivete and beliefs. Oh, I can only imagine the works by Aristotle and Archimedes. I'd be stuck there all day long just reading... Mainly because I'd be stuck translating everything to English so I can read it...

However...

I'd love to learn more about the first Computer ever created, the Antikythera mechanism, which is actually an Orrery, a device used to calculate the position of the planets. I call this analogue device a computer because it's so highly accurate, putting to shame even some of the most advanced Astrological computer models used today.

Rome may have made the modern world as we see it, but it was the Greeks who gave it it's Culture, Technology and above all else, it's compassion.
Post edited August 23, 2021 by deanniellsen2
I'd love to uncover some previous unknown civilization and I would probably look in and around the Indian Subcontinent for it. I won't deny that the odds of it are probably pretty small, but I feel like there's so much of human history that we don't know about properly and we can't really learn that properly from historical accounts. Artifacts and ruins are almost necessary to get a proper picture of how things existed and functioned in the past. Considering how humans have worked together with tools and societal structures for at least 10,000 years, I suspect there could be something we've missed.
Aztec and Mayan ruins always captured my curiosity. Weren't they abandoned and their cultures disappeared before other cultures came and utilized their constructions or something? Just really curious about how things worked in such an ancient time.
The Sword of Excalibur so that I can hold it up high and yell out loud I HAVE THE POWER and rule over the Britons.
I have two answers!

1. I would like to unearth the lost civilization of the Amazon. There are recent studies that show with satellite images ancient civilization/s buried in the jungle.

2. The Minoan civilization! There is a lot of things that are theories about this civilization but not a lot is know. I would love to know the truth about them not having an army and of their collapse (Volcanic eruption).
And I really like their aesthetics of architecture and clothing.
Attachments:
I'd like to uncover a Roman Dodecahedron along with instructions on how to use it and what it was for. This is a fascinating object that scholars today still are not entirely sure what it was used for. Some believe it was used in military campaigns as a way to estimate distance. Other possible uses include a candle stick holder, gauges, bases to hold the legionary standard, a device to detect counterfeit coinage, among other uses. It would be pretty amazing to decipher this great mystery!
I would like to unearth the landfill where those crappy Atari E.T. games were buried so that I can sell them for 100K a pop.
I would love to have found William Wallace's sword. Not only because I have ancestors that fought with him, but because he was such a great and inspiring person. To hold something he used to inspire so many people would be life changing.
GOG.com: Do you feel the itch for adventure? That’s great because we have a special treat for you to celebrate the arrival of the new Tomb Raider titles to GOG.COM!

So, don’t simply wait for an adventure of a lifetime to happen all by itself – join our contest for a chance to win 1 of 15 bundles of all Tomb Raider titles available on our store!

To enter, all you have to do is tell us which ancient artifact or civilization you’d like to unearth and why.

Submit your answer before the contest ends on August 27, 2021, at 3 PM UTC. After that time, we will choose the most creative answers and award winners with HUGE collections of Lara Croft’s adventures we have mentioned above.
I would love to unearth the hanging gardens of Babylon. Because what I have read from them "The gardens were said to have been planted as high as 75 feet in the air on a huge square brick terrace that was laid out in steps like a theater."
+
"Modern scientists have deduced that for the gardens to survive they would have had to be irrigated using a system consisting of a pump, waterwheel and cisterns to carry water from the Euphrates many feet into the air."

That mean if I can find them and be able to make them work.. ..in theory most problems in world dry areas would be solved and at least in theory using really old technology (so "anyone can build it") to create a huge gardens to grow food quite far from riverside or other natural water resources using ancient technology so even poor countries might easy enough to make them.
Pandora's Box
Do you open it or just hold the world ransom with it!
I'd like to find the spear tip and nails used in Jesus's crucifixion.Talk about historical significance. (probably nothing but rust or repurposed shortly after the indecent making it even more incredible to actually find)
The Egyptians had a neighbor called the Punt. They had admiration for them, their stuff and such. Punt objects have been found in Egyptian ruins, and there is absolute consensus that they existed. The thing is, we don't really know where they were located. They are completely lost, with the exception from some what we know about them from the Egyptians. It's believed they are from around Ethiopia, but not much more. Being the first to be in Punt ruins would be utterly amazing.
The Ark of the Alliance, maybe there some remains of Moses, so somebody can clone him and marbe he had some real powers.
Forget real world artifacts. I just want to find the ruin in Civ that gives the Animal Husbandry tech immediately. It's always a pain to research that tech based on my win conditions.