It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finished to read nearly all the Andrzej Sapkowski Witcher related books (thx to CDP games):

#1 The Sword of Destiny
#2 The Last Wish
#3 Blood of Elves
#4 Time of Contempt
#5 Baptism of Fire
#6 The Swallow's Tower

Im halfway through Lady of the Lake (end of Wither saga), and later i will read Season of Storms (last bok, spin-off to Witcher). Story in the books is really awesome. I recommend it.
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Shofixti1227
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I believe someone mentioned this title earlier in this thread, and it's a book I've hasd on my e-reader for a while. FInally decided to read it, and was very pleased. A great book for anyone that either grew up in the '80s or is a fan of the era. The references to music, games, television, and movies really took me back. I quite enjoyed it, although I think the ending could have been a bit stronger. Still, a great read, and recommended. The auther mentions a possible movie in the end blurb, and I tihnk it would make a really fun movie. Hope that happens.

Full List.
Post edited June 21, 2015 by Coelocanth
Night and the Enemy by Harlan Ellison

A graphic novel with several stories detailing the war between humans and the kyoben species as told through different perspectives over the course of a seemingly endless war. From an addict to a space pilot wounded on some distant satellite these are ultimately a look at our more dangerous qualities as species: revenge avarice greed hunger and anger. Good artwork done in a somewhat exaggerated style that we could call retro futurism (it was released in 1987) this is a decent buy if you can find it as it may be out of print. Not Ellison's best but good if Sci Fi fans that want something with more substance and rawness.
Broken Harbour (or Broken Harbor for us poor, dumb souls in the American Colonies who can't be trusted to figgur out that funny spellin') by Tana French

I stalled out for a month or two on this one with no more than a couple dozen pages left to read, but I eventually finished it off. I quite like the way Ms. French writes her mystery "series" -- linking her books together by setting (the greater Dublin area), theme (murder, of course, and the investigation thereof by various Dublin-based police detectives) and a few peripheral characters, rather than following one character from thrilling case to thrilling case. This one was another solid entry -- and, as always, the protagonist's personal history comes to the fore during the case, making it impossible for the character to not make it into a somewhat personal quest. I'd recommend any of her novels -- certainly the first four, which I've read -- to anyone who likes a good, messy mystery where the case is nonetheless solved by the end (but where not all the endings are exactly happy).

- - - - -

Red Hill by Jamie McGuire

A mediocre zombie-apocalypse novel by an author who, from what I gather, mostly writes romantic fare (which would explain a lot about the subplots). The basic story itself is okay -- a woman separated from her two daughters tries to keep it together and stay strong for the children she still hopes will find her somehow; a man tries to keep his young daughter safe and find someplace to ride out the end of civilization; a young woman is torn between two men (okay, maybe that part could've been reduced in prominence...) -- but there aren't really any ideas that haven't been done (and done better) by various other movies, books, games and TV shows.
Plus, it wasn't very well proofread: one escape scene had one of the main characters accidentally toss his car keys under the vehicle while trying to make a quick getaway from a small herd of zombies; as he makes to desperately defend himself, one of the compatriots he was leaving behind (with their blessing) started taking out zombies with a hunting rifle, giving this character a little breathing room; so the character, after giving nod of thanks to the rifleman, gets right in the car and zooms off. No mention of hurriedly recovering the keys. X( Also, another character's eyes changed from blue to green in just a couple chapters. Also also, there were quite a few annoying little word errors (I hesitate to call them typos because they seemed to be cases where the writer and/or proofreader(s) and/or editor(s) thought that was how a given word or phrase was spelled). I can't even remember what they were now, but two or three were pretty facepalm-worthy.

10/10 BOTY.
Sorry, it's late and I don't have easy access to the titles... Going from memory.

Ben Behind his Voices
First 3 books of The Legend of Drizzt series

and a few others I can't think of right now. First book of Legend of Drizzt started off a bit slow, but now I know why RA Salvatore is regarded so highly.

-Leu
#12 Deus Ex: The Icarus Effect by James Swallow
After a very interesting read, Machiavelli's 'Il Principe', in Dutch translation and with introduction, is finished. Though many of the ideas are mostly applicable on 16th-century Italy, it is still an interesting way to view politics. By the way: Nicollo is far from the devil people sometimes make of him.

List so far:
#0: What if?, Randall Munroe
#1: The Shadow Rising, Robert Jordan
#2: The Time of contempt, Andrzej Sapkowski
#3: Mee met morgen
#4: The Fires of Heaven, Robert Jordan
#5: The Chocolate War, Robert Cormier
#6: Lords of Chaos, Robert Jordan
#7: Out of the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis
#8: Il Principe, Nicollo Machiavelli
Chesterton and the Romance of Orthodoxy: The Making of GKC, 1874-1908 / by William Oddie

Insightful and thoroughly researched. Recommended for anyone with an interest in Chesterton, especially considering the number of myths Oddie has to disprove.

Full list here.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Syme
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
Rimbaud's work
La Chine vue par les écrivains français (China seen through the eyes of French writers)
La Jalousie by Alain Robbe-Grillet
The Ravishing of Lol Stein by Marguerite Duras
Silsauve by Germaine Beaumont (first volume of a trilogy, but won't continue)
Gebrauchsanleitung zum Selbstmord by Claude Guillon & Yves le Bonniec (HAD to read this banished book, because....er....curiosity ?)

Anyway, my primal aims for this year : rereading "A song of fire and ice" and finishing the "Witcher" novels (and probably burn them in eternal fire afterward)
#13 Micro by Michael Crichton
#14 Legion (The Horus Heresy) By Dan Abnett
Still stuck on I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

Since quitting nicotine AND alcohol my level of concentration has nosedived like Enron stock.

19 days and I cant even read 2 sentences without loosing it.
#15 Battle for the Abyss (Horus Heresy) by Ben Counter
I've just finished Elantris, and it's the longest novel I've ever read in English. :3
#16 Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton