It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have great news for all those wishing to visit Faerûn or who are already traveling across its beautiful landscapes. Today the fourth patch to Baldur’s Gate 3 goes live, bringing more changes to the game than all three previous patches combined!

First of all, a new character class – The Druid – is being made available to the gamers, along with over 30 spells & abilities, including Wild Shape. The latter includes taking the form of 8 Shapes –from a cat to a polar bear – with each transformation affecting the reactions of those around you.

Apart from the new class, many other additional updates and fixes will take place. They include improved cinematics and multiplayer gameplay, as well as some features highly requested by the Baldur’s Gate 3 current players.
Can I become a Mysterious Druid? Who uses a gold sickle? And cannibalistic magic to extend my life?
Post edited February 27, 2021 by Darvond
Darvond: Can I become a Mysterious Druid? Who uses a gold sickle? And cannibalistic magic to extend my life?
If only.
I'd be all for it.
Darvond: Can I become a Mysterious Druid? Who uses a gold sickle? And cannibalistic magic to extend my life?
In the inmortal words of Dr. Frank-N-Furter:

Don't dream it. Be it.
Post edited February 27, 2021 by Carradice
ShidoOhtori: When will this patch be available via the offline game installer?
Would like to know too.
NuffCatnip: If only.
I'd be all for it.
Join us.
Post edited March 01, 2021 by Grargar
RadonGOG: Like it or not, but it´s true.
I hope you´ll give the though a fair chance:
Without crowdfunding, there would not have been FTL or Shovel Knight; to name just two games that recieved very favorable reviews. (both got 4.6 Stars on here as well as Meta- and Userscore above 80%) On top of that there are many more games that weren´t everybodys darlings, like PillE, like BannerSaga, like SuperHot, like Obduction, like D:OS, like TTON, like KCD, ...
Of course, you might feel it would be okay that some of these wouldn´t exist. But all of them?

The result is clear, isn´t it?
You make an excellent point, though one cannot begrudge someone for not wanting to risk their money...

(Speaking in general, terms that is, not accusing you of begrudging anyone)

I for one think the EA/InDev format is too open-ended as it's only the most disciplined developer/team that can actually hold themselves to an internal development deadline...

But for a large portion of EA/InDev titles, many are abandoned, while others are stuck in perpetual minutae-feature-purgatory! (Looking at you exanima!) :P

I am somewhat grateful for those that can afford to finance these projects from fledgling Developers but if I'm going to spend money on an unfinished project I would rather it be on developers that have proven themselves as masters of the EA/InDev format!
RadonGOG: Like it or not, but it´s true.
I hope you´ll give the though a fair chance:
Without crowdfunding, there would not have been FTL or Shovel Knight; to name just two games that recieved very favorable reviews. (both got 4.6 Stars on here as well as Meta- and Userscore above 80%) On top of that there are many more games that weren´t everybodys darlings, like PillE, like BannerSaga, like SuperHot, like Obduction, like D:OS, like TTON, like KCD, ...
Of course, you might feel it would be okay that some of these wouldn´t exist. But all of them?

The result is clear, isn´t it?
TZODnmr2k5: You make an excellent point, though one cannot begrudge someone for not wanting to risk their money...

I for one think the EA/InDev format is too open-ended as it's only the most disciplined developer/team that can actually hold themselves to an internal development deadline...

But for a large portion of EA/InDev titles, many are abandoned, while others are stuck in perpetual minutae-feature-purgatory! (Looking at you exanima!) :P

I am somewhat grateful for those that can afford to finance these projects from fledgling Developers but if I'm going to spend money on an unfinished project I would rather it be on developers that have proven themselves as masters of the EA/InDev format!
That´s completly true. But: With supporting I didn´t only meant "financial support", but "moral support" as well.
I thought about editing that first posting to clarify, but refrained because I didn´t expect any further replies. I´m glad I was wrong. :)
TZODnmr2k5: But for a large portion of EA/InDev titles, many are abandoned, while others are stuck in perpetual minutae-feature-purgatory! (Looking at you exanima!) :P
I wouldn't expect anything from these nimrods. Bare Mettle are the guys that Kickstarted Sui Generis way back in 2012, estimated delivery date May 2014 - and still no game (Exanima is an offshoot). Thankfully I only backed at the entry level, but I wouldn't touch anything from these guys with a barge pole.
TZODnmr2k5: You make an excellent point, though one cannot begrudge someone for not wanting to risk their money...

RadonGOG: That´s completly true. But: With supporting I didn´t only meant "financial support", but "moral support" as well.
I thought about editing that first posting to clarify, but refrained because I didn´t expect any further replies. I´m glad I was wrong. :)
Yeah, even though I can't stand the EA/InDev format doesn't mean that it does not have merit with its own existence...
For those who have played it what is the connection to the earlier BG's by Bioware?