It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I expect a "bring the old UI back" wishlist entry very soon if it isn't done already.

This "update" is a complete joke, it shows just how out of touch GOG is with its customers.

I take that back, the entire Anniversary event is a joke.
For love of god, did they remove filer games by release years ? Why gog, whyy ???
high rated
The news section. It's at the very bottom of the main page, and it's a picture scroll. I miss the old text version that was up top on the main page. I hope this changes somewhat after the anniversary sale, because I really don't like having to wait 5 minutes for the main page to load up just to finally see pictures of what gog wants to tell me.
high rated
For all the changes they made to the "Browse all games"-page (though most of them are purely cosmetic and don't add any functionality), they didn't implement the one thing that would have made browsing the catalogue considerably more convenient: an option to hide all the games you already own.

And PLEASE bring back the option to display the catalogue as a list!
Post edited October 02, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
Enebias: Am I the only one who really doesn't mind the redesign? I have neither a positive nor a negative opinion.
The filters are more comfortable to use now though, and the "verified users" one is much appreciated.
I agree that a verified users average score is valuable information, in some cases it differs significantly from the full average. But if I understand correctly, the verified user reviews filter option is going too far - it also means that other users can see which of the games I reviewed I do own, despite my privacy settings. It's not much of an issue for me personally since I rarely write reviews, but I do mind the apparent carelessness behind this. I thought we had been through the "mind your users' privacy" discussion...
Another thing: pagination on top of the store pages would probably be a good idea. See attachment. Something about a small number of games and the use of space now. It's not a good look on the way to the navigation elements.
Attachments:
The new design is really confusing. What does the word "free" mean under the price tags? For a brief moment I thought all the games were for free.
high rated
Well, I can't see much of anything (at all in case of the catalog) in IE, so won't bother much. With some quirks in some cases, but it seems like the rest of the web, or at least the sites I go to, can keep working, and definitely at least keep their main functionality, in it, but GOG, a place started as being meant for those interested in older stuff, many likely not thrilled about or even shunning the "modern" trends and products, now wants to be the pinnacle of modern design and web technology use. You'd think at the very least a store would know it's in their best interest to have everyone capable of browsing the products and making purchases. (Actually, since I saw another report of it not working on old FF, wonder if a Palemoon user can say how it fares on that?)

But, yeah, you know what the front page of a store should list? Sales, new releases and (other) news. Having the news there at the bottom, after the list of titles that defaults to the "popular" ones and that nasty and pointless Metro wall of flat "collection" tiles, defeats the purpose of, uh, a front page. As does not having any text show up anymore for news, and needing to click to see past the most recent 3 and be limited to far fewer than before total.
As for that slideshow of enlarging images at the top, with videos starting on hover, what a waste of users' system resources, and bandwidth too for those on capped or slow connections! Was bad enough before, with the slideshow and changing background, now you took that and made it a fair amount worse. And can't even click back/forward through them anymore with arrows it seems, you need to just click on each "tab" there in turn.

As for the store page, yeah, where is the release date filter? Instead of making it more accurate, another thing gone... And what does sorting by oldest and newest do? Output seems to make no sense. And also see no more list of publishers / developers. Was unmanageable before, but should have made it searchable, displaying partial matches during typing, not remove completely and just rely on people knowing they can still just type in search box.
But worst is the lack of even titles anymore. Seriously? Have to hover over each tile in turn to even see the title of the game, there in some small grey on gray, to put it this way, font at the top? And if you do hover you get videos autoplaying? So, in other words, have to put up with autoplay to even see a game's title? And can't search for titles on page for example, since they're not actually there...

Just at a glance, I'm sure others said more and better. Me, won't be bothering much with the site at all under these circumstances. Having to start a secondary browser is not something you do for a site you regularly visit, so forget following releases, likely submitting the covers on MobyGames, maybe some of the editions themselves when they're different, checking nearly any news piece. Not that GOG cares of course, if they did they wouldn't have buried all that.

Oh, and about the privacy concern regarding number of games owned being displayed. Me, don't care, but some do and they don't need to explain why, privacy should be the default, with the right to opt out, not have to opt in. And you can't put the cat back in the bag once some info's out there. There have been screenshots made and posted these days, some pages were likely saved, some information someone didn't want public, and had every right to reasonably expect not to be public again, especially after the first fiasco, got out there and will remain so (albeit accurate only at that time and not in the future) even if it got hidden now.

Otherwise... Lots of empty space, huge things designed for touchscreens, and tiny phone screens, and lots of moving, loading, spinning, magpie-attention-grabbing stuff, and marketing everywhere. Useful information and ease of use, or any concern about users' system resources or bandwidth, what's that? And let's not even mention compatibility with browsers, eh?
Cavalary: (Actually, since I saw another report of it not working on old FF, wonder if a Palemoon user can say how it fares on that?)
I use Palemoon. Haven´t encountered any problems yet.
high rated
Here's another one who dislikes the new design decidedly.

I don't want a smartphone/Windows 8 UI on a webpage that I view on my PC running Linux.
I don't want to scroll down for ages just to see the Discover Games list.
I want the On Sale button back on the Disover Games list.
I want the News section back on the main page.
I want the GOG Mixes back on the product pages.
I want the small video frame back instead of the new video wallpaper. (aka learn from YouTube)

And those are only the things I noticed in approx. 15 minutes on the new site.

Years ago, I went away from Humble for good since they made their website unbearable slow and cumbersome. Please don't repeat their mistake, GOG!
I've seen 10MB thrown around as bandwidth usage for these new game pages. I haven't actually looked at traffic myself but I did look at the page media and mainly it seems around 15% or less of that at most. The main offender is the nice background image that gets generated at page load.

One thing I want to say is that it's not gog's job really to concern itself with bandwidth usage. I mean it's nice if their site is as efficient as can be but it's mainly on telecomms any problems with bandwidth or data caps, and they don't behave any better than gog does.

I don't really like the hover-videos either I'd personally prefer a screenshot that expands that you then click to turn into a video, with an x at the right or click outside of to close.
Post edited October 02, 2018 by johnnygoging
high rated
So...I'm thinking we should not complain about the forums from now on. At least they're semi-usable now, can you imagine what they'd be like once GOG "improves" them?
Cavalary: Actually, since I saw another report of it not working on old FF, wonder if a Palemoon user can say how it fares on that?
I use Palemoon 28.1.0 64-bit (latest for my build I believe) for occasional browsing, haven't checked it in detal, but from what I see by just loading updated pages and browsing, clicking some links here and there it works OK. same issues as with chrome or galaxy under wine.
fronzelneekburm: And PLEASE bring back the option to display the catalogue as a list!
And that.
V4V: Here's another one who dislikes the new design decidedly.

I don't want a smartphone/Windows 8 UI on a webpage that I view on my PC running Linux.
I don't want to scroll down for ages just to see the Discover Games list.
I want the On Sale button back on the Disover Games list.
I want the News section back on the main page.
I want the GOG Mixes back on the product pages.
I want the small video frame back instead of the new video wallpaper. (aka learn from YouTube)

And those are only the things I noticed in approx. 15 minutes on the new site.

Years ago, I went away from Humble for good since they made their website unbearable slow and cumbersome. Please don't repeat their mistake, GOG!
Thank you.
That are exactly my thoughts!

+1

P.S.: don't know if thats possible but please keep the old look for gradpa's like me, i.e. optional? ;-)
Post edited October 02, 2018 by Schnitzl