It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have almost enough money to purchase a new GTX card, specifically a 1070.

But of course there are so many options of 1070s I don't know what to pick so I will post a link to Newegg showing 27 options:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?N=100007709%20601204369&IsNodeId=1&Submit=ENE

Which ones do you recommend, and ones that are compatible with DX11 and Windows 7 PCs.
Post edited September 05, 2016 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: ones that are compatible with DX11 and Windows 7 PCs.
Either all or none, more likely all. They all have the same compatibility (and possible issues, with any difference being due to cooling). Use drivers directly from Nvidia, not from the card manufacturer.
Post edited September 05, 2016 by Maighstir
I always prefer ASUS STRIX cards because I like their cooler setup. But there really isn't too much difference between them all. Just pick a brand you like, and do a little research to see if there's any blatant issues.

I wouldn't worry about compatibility, they'll work. Just use nVidia's drivers as Maighstir said.
All fairly identical - rise in price usually means slightly better (supposedly) cooling fans, an overclock out of the box or a better 3rd party software control system (MSI Afterburner is free and is the best IMO anyway)

If money is an issue - get the cheapest

If not - an established brand (MSI / ASUS etc) is a safe bet
Post edited September 05, 2016 by Bigs
I would not buy gigabyte, zotac or pny....
My friend had problem with his EVGA 970 so I wouldn't buy EVGA card either, but it is probably fine choice.
I prefer MSI or maybe ASUS.... Atm I'm using MSI card and I had ASUS before this.

I would buy the open air version with more fans , i dont like the blower design.
Gigabyte is fine IMO - running 2 980 TIs in SLI - 1 MSI 1 Gigabye Windfoce OC
Haven't had any issues

Of course YMMV
In general, they are all fine and more or less the same. The most notable differences are numer of fans (and size) and OC. But spec wise, they are all the same card.

That being said, last summer I bought a 960 and faced the many brands problem as yourself. After some investigation, it seems that ASUS and MSI are the best rated (not that the others are't good/used). I got the ASUS Strix one and I am satisfied. The only brand I heard regular complaints about was EVGA (970 coiling and all).

So I recommend the ASUS one, but you can't really go wrong with the MSI (and most probably, any other brand really. Just google "1070 XBRAND problems" and see if a problem is heavily correlated with the brand, just to be sure).
My choice is for a Asus strix, their are reliable and quiet. I have and "oldie" Asus GT640, and it is running as the first day.
Isn't there a comparison chart anywhere?
I'll have to buy one too (finally)