It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Themken: Seems the developer went out of business; guess the flood of refunds killed it. A pity as it looks like a nice game.
that doesn't change the fact , originaly the game was promoted as a full game iirc, and gog needed to remove the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter_%28video_game%29
markrichardb: Never heard of it, but like a child whose had a meaningless toy taken away, now that it’s gone I want it. That’s how this works.
I'll get in this line. WAAAAAAAAH Now I want it even though I didn't care originally.
mrkgnao: "Dark Matter" was removed after 5 days, back in October 2013.
omega64: That one doesn't count, the game wasn't even finished. :P
That's a very narrow view. I prefer to see that game as a trailblazer, a revolutionary well ahead of its time, the first "in development" game on GOG.
Konrad: Hey guys, a heads up that we just (literally, just) had to remove Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 from our catalog.

It's a pretty simple case of rights expiring and changing hands, and we'll be in touch with the new rights owners to get it back up on GOG.com

As usual in sudden situations like these, sorry that we weren't able to give you more of a warning. Hopefully it'll be back before long.
May I make a productive suggestion?
Please add to the game page of every game on GOG a field indicating when its expected rights expiry date is. Then things won't come as a surprise to us.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by mrkgnao
omega64: Wait really? xD
Shortest game lifespan ever.
snowkatt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Henry's_Playhouse

biggest flop however
And I thought Amulets & Armor's original sales figures (under a hundred copies) were abysmal.
amrit9037: What the actual duck!!!
That game was released on 29 October 2015 and got removed on March 2016!!!
This must be some kind of record in itself.
I think no game has been removed in only 4 months.
And alas, let's not forget about Re-Volt. :(
CharlesGrey: And alas, let's not forget about Re-Volt. :(
Holy shit, I just looked it up: October 2013 - January 2014.

I could have sworn that Re-Volt was a lot longer than that on GOG.
Glad I picked it up when I did. Good luck to all re: its swift return!
CharlesGrey: And alas, let's not forget about Re-Volt. :(
InfraSuperman: Holy shit, I just looked it up: October 2013 - January 2014.

I could have sworn that Re-Volt was a lot longer than that on GOG.
I actually remembered it as much shorter. And for all I know it was removed for bullshit reasons... And before I could buy a copy. :(
CharlesGrey: And for all I know it was removed for bullshit reasons...
Yep, a disagreement between the company that now owns the rights to the game and the people from the Re-Volt fan community who made the compatibility fixes for the game, if I remember correctly.
mrkgnao: May I make a productive suggestion?
Please add to the game page of every game on GOG a field indicating when its expected rights expiry date is. Then things won't come as a surprise to us.
Not gonna happen, because it would probably just scare away new customers. But maybe they could at least add it to each game's sub-forum.

For that matter, there's still no link to each game's forum on the product pages, is there? Now, that would be a useful addition.
Well, its an unusual Wednesday release to be fair.
CharlesGrey: And for all I know it was removed for bullshit reasons...
InfraSuperman: Yep, a disagreement between the company that now owns the rights to the game and the people from the Re-Volt fan community who made the compatibility fixes for the game, if I remember correctly.
Was the company unwilling to compensate them for their efforts, or what? Or were the fan modders/coders simply unable to agree who deserved compensation? Either way, you'd think they should be happy the game is ( was ) finally available again, if they're really such big fans of it.
CharlesGrey: For that matter, there's still no link to each game's forum on the product pages, is there? Now, that would be a useful addition.
Yeah I've been wondering about that. Seems both fairly easy to implement and quite useful. Moreover it's something I kinda took for granted when I migrated from Steam.
That sucks.

Didn't really care for the game in particular, but it's always bad when games get removed from GoG.

Hope you guys can get it back on here (along with the Duke Nukem games and other removed classics)