It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Middle of the week doesn’t have to be boring! Not when Summer Sale is up and running with more than 5400 deals up to -90% for you to grab, and even more so when 3 classic titles are joining our catalog!

Let’s give a warm welcome to Take No Prisoners, CyClones and Necrodome (all developed by Raven Software and published by SNEG) – great sci-fi titles representing the 90s gaming and ready to take you on a nostalgia-fueled adventure.

Take No Prisoners (-20% until July 5th, 4 PM UTC)
In this action shooter you are Slade. Before the nuclear war, Special Ops commando. Now, survivor. Killing had never been your first initiative, but you were good at it... very good. And your time for killing has begun.

The road to salvation, to the Dome, is littered with the corpses of those who sought its life-giving secrets. But no one person has the technology to breach the Done. Each Zoner group has a piece of the answer. All you have to do is separate them from the information that they hold. Time to kill, or be killed.

You can also join as on our Twitch Channel today (June 28th) at 7 PM UTC, and see what Take No Prisoners is all about together with DarkSaber2k. See you in the chat!

CyClones (-20% until July 5th, 4 PM UTC)
A violent FPS featuring Cybernetic Clones, deadly creations of an alien race bent on Earth’s conquest, known as titular CyClones. They are captured human beings transformed into flesh-steel monstrosities, and you, as Earth’s defender armed to the teeth with the highest of hi-tech weaponry, you’re dying to jump into action and take them out.

Necrodome (-20% until July 5th, 4 PM UTC)
A real-time, 3D, futuristic motorized mayhem that puts you at the wheel of an incredibly powerful armored vehicle – bristling with hi-tech weapons.

In the future presented by the game, racing has become a deadly bloodsport, where staying alive is the only prize. To win or die in 30 daunting arenas is your goal. Drive around and blast anything that moves! And if your vehicle gets thrashed, don't give up - run for your life, commandeer another vehicle, or continue the battle on foot!

We all know and love the magic that only classic games bring – these releases are another perfect opportunity to experience it. Check them out and make sure to browse other Summer Sale classic, there’s a special collection just for them HERE. Enjoy!
there should be a bundle for all three at a slightly discounted price as opposed to buying them individually.

..indeed
All three games interest me, but not at their current over-inflated prices. I'll wait for a proper discount that matches what they are.

Take No Prisoners I already bought on CD many years ago and still have. Not everyone is buying the game for the first time, and price should reflect that. Many like me, are just wanting an updated version that runs okay on latest Windows.

Don't recall playing or knowing about the other two, but they have their appeal. Both are reminiscent of other games of their period, with Cyclones seeming a cross between Doom and Wolf3D. Appealing but inferior anyway, so current pricing is ridiculous.

So thanks, but no thanks right now.
The only exciting stuff for me on GOG as of late are the SNEG releases and the SEGA releases.
wildapple-SI: Hope it show up one day here. I only did see a demo at a local computer store on one of the PCs, that had a Voodo card in there and read about it in a computer magazine. Never had really the chance to play it :(
elvencode: It's quite similar to Take No Prisoners but with that Heretic/Hexen "mood", so multiple characters (melee combat or magic projectiles focused), traps/puzzles in the levels and items to collect. Same sound effects of those games too!
Thank you for the informations!
tremere110: Glad to see these here. Hoping to see Shadowcaster, also by Raven Software, some day.
I've been waiting for ShadowCaster ever since GOG launched. I wonder why we got CyClones first. Is ShadowCaster caught between Activision (Raven Software) and EA (Origin Systems)?
Three quality games although CyClones interests me a bit more since it's an FPS.
Good to see that GOG's notification system works well.

I finally received notification today about Take No Prisoners now being available at GOG ... only about a week late.

You gotta laugh ... though i might not be laughing if the supposed discount was no longer.

Is that notification fully automatic I wonder, of does it rely on some manual element? Must do I guess.

EDIT
Or maybe the lack of replies in this thread is telling, and so they felt the need to alert us just in case we had missed it ... rather than the reality of the fake discount price not appealing to many of us.
Post edited July 05, 2023 by Timboli
I received a much more interesting letter: my whole wishlist without any discounts! :D
Attachments:
whishlist.jpg (171 Kb)