It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we welcome a duo of intriguing adventure titles created by Mattis Folkestad in our store. Embracelet and Milkmaid of the Milky Way are available both separately and as a part of the Machineboy Complete Collection, along with their soundtracks.

Embracelet (-30%) is a unique coming of age story about love, loss, friendship and family set in Northern Norway. As a teenager Jesper you’re handed an old bracelet by your grandfather. Soon you discover that this gift holds mysterious powers!

Milkmaid of the Milky Way (-50%) takes you to 1920's Norway. As Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. One day her whole life changes when a giant, golden ship descends from the sky…

Mentioned above discounts on Embracelet and Milkmaid of the Milky Way will end on 12th January 2021, 2 PM UTC. You can also buy both games in a bundle that is available on GOG.COM 36% off, also until 12th January 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
At last, Embracelet is DRM-free available!

Note that I had no problems running it on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Also note that according to a Steam user Proton seems to work fine too.

eiii: I would not give too much about the rating immediately after a game release.
True.
eiii: There were times GOG has displayed the number of votes on their game card, but unfortunately it got lost in one of their site "improvements"
They definitely should show this information (again)!
Also the Steam way of differentiating between recent and all-time is an interesting information.

Dogmaus: Steam nailed a good system,let you ignore games, and has editable reviews
It should be possible to invalidate their own review on GOG in case it's not valid anymore (bugs have been fixed etc.).
But I wouldn't want to have a review changed I've already voted on.
I wonder how Steam handles this?

I don't use Steam to buy and play games for various reasons but their game pages are nice and my go to for checking out what a game is about.
Videos and screenshots work great on GOG too but user-defined tags are nice to quickly see what a game is about in quite some detail.
Glancing over their reviews and then specifically going through the negative ones gives you a good overall picture.
You can have discussions about individual reviews.

One negative thing about Steam reviews are the quite recent addition of those awards which take up unnecessary vertical space.

Dogmaus: Now anyone who deems a game to be too "artistic" for their taste will giive 1 star.
Yeah, for instance a review like this: "STOP MAKING UGLY GAMES!!!!"
Not only is this very subjective (assuming it's about the art-style), it's especially ridiculous since this was posted on a game collection of two very different games art-wise (one a 2D pixel-art point'n'click and one a simplistic/abstract low-poly 3D adventure game).
I'd like to be able to block reviews from such users for me for all games on GOG.
high rated
HunchBluntley: For any given game, there are always tons of people who have never heard of it before, or who heard about it and, for whatever reason(s), forgot about it (or simply kept putting off buying it). This goes even for major games, let alone little indies like these.
It's just up to the individual dev/publisher to decide whether they think the return will be worth the effort required to release on a new store.
Breja: Sure. I'm not saying it's a bad thing they're releasing it here. All I meant was that it would have made way more sense to do so long ago, and I can't imagine it was the devs who were preventing it.
Eh, I'm actually fine with games from small indie devs coming here long after the initial release. For one thing, if the game's already out of its support cycle (no longer being developed or patched) by the time it's released here, it's very unlikely to be or become outdated here relative to its version on other services.
Breja: Sure. I'm not saying it's a bad thing they're releasing it here. All I meant was that it would have made way more sense to do so long ago, and I can't imagine it was the devs who were preventing it.
HunchBluntley: Eh, I'm actually fine with games from small indie devs coming here long after the initial release. For one thing, if the game's already out of its support cycle (no longer being developed or patched) by the time it's released here, it's very unlikely to be or become outdated here relative to its version on other services.
Well said. Also, the game is mature already, bugs polished, etc
Swedrami: it's free, but so are other titles on GoG.
Yes, bringing free games to GOG adds value for GOG users/members. Keeping all the games in the same place, instead of collecting them from a myriad of websites. It is actually an effort on the part of GOG and the developer, if it is a modern game, but both profit from it, even if the game is available for free.

Also, the particular case of old games that are already abandonware/freeware... Bringing them to GOG with guarantees of not having malware, etc, and possibly with goodies... this is the equivalent of finding a home for a stray old dog where it will be cherished and kept well fed and clean and be scratched behind the ears every day.
Oooh ok, then please throw a vote in for Abuse :) Great game, a big influence on Butcher for example.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/abuse
get a source port free here
http://antonior-software.blogspot.com/2016/05/abuse-1996-sdl-port-09a.html
Haven't played Embracelet, but Milkmaid of the Milky Way was quite nice. I found it particularly memorable for its great soundtrack.
Post edited January 09, 2021 by Leroux
Why on GOG only a windows version of Milkmaid of the milky way is available while on steam also a mac version is available? Do you plan to add also the mac version in future?
Never heard of this series before considering the amount of awards it got. Wishlisted it anyway.