It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Nick Johnson has revealed the efforts he made to become the first player to collect all 145 Pokémon in the popular mobile game Pokémon Go after embarking on a round the world trip last month.

Johnson caught all of the currently available Pokémon a mere three weeks after the game was released in July. To catch each and every one, he says he walked for an average of 12 kilometers per day and spent up to eight hours engrossed in the game, sometimes staying up until the early hours.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1471491548

I assume he has no job...no girlfriend/wife...no life...
TARFU: I assume he has no job...no girlfriend/wife...no life...
But he DOES have all 145 Pokemon. Worth it.
low rated
zeogold: But he DOES have all 145 Pokemon. Worth it.
I'm not sure it's worth it...
low rated
no life no self worth no money left to spend no savings
no nothing
but he does have 145 imaginary mongrels

what a shitload of fuck

and his 15 seconds of fame will be gone in a flash
zeogold: But he DOES have all 145 Pokemon. Worth it.
TARFU: I'm not sure it's worth it...
I was joking.
Although I really wonder if the guy was able to actually enjoy his trip properly looking for Pokemon all the time.
low rated
TARFU: I'm not sure it's worth it...
zeogold: I was joking.
Although I really wonder if the guy was able to actually enjoy his trip properly looking for Pokemon all the time.
Sounds like it was actually a lot of work.
snowkatt: no life no self worth no money left to spend no savings
no nothing

what a shitload of fuck

So true.
Post edited August 18, 2016 by TARFU
snowkatt: no life no self worth no money left to spend no savings
no nothing

what a shitload of fuck

Aren't you just a bundle of cheer and rainbow farts? :D
first fool among all the idiots that play this shitty nonsense.
what an accomplishment, thumbs up you fool ;)
As an excuse, sure it can get you outside.

However the game is a spoof. It's really an idle game in disguise. Quite pointless. Unfortunately I'm sure not enough people have been exposed to idle games to realize what it is. Certainly it's not cookie clicker, or the whole 'wait an hour and come back' but it's damn close, with micro-transactions to lure you to get things done more and faster...

I just don't get it.
So, someone has money to travel around the world doing whatever the fuck he likes to do with his spare time. Got it.

And...?
high rated
neurasthenya: So, someone has money to travel around the world doing whatever the fuck he likes to do with his spare time. Got it.

And...?
Funny how people are criticizing the way other people spend their time and money, on a gaming site of all places. Go figure.

Some days the GOG forum feels like a retirement home, with all the grumpy old folk staring out the window all day, shaking their walking canes at the people outside. :D
rtcvb32: As an excuse, sure it can get you outside.

However the game is a spoof. It's really an idle game in disguise. Quite pointless. Unfortunately I'm sure not enough people have been exposed to idle games to realize what it is. Certainly it's not cookie clicker, or the whole 'wait an hour and come back' but it's damn close, with micro-transactions to lure you to get things done more and faster...

I just don't get it.
I honestly think the appeal is 90% because "Hey, it's Pokemon!" Niantic's other huge game, Ingress, has been out for years and is arguably a better game, involving a lot more than Pokemon Go asks for, but it got nowhere near as much attention as this has.
Pokemon (possibly thanks in a large part to the anime series) has been a large part of a lot of childhoods, so people automatically have a positive association with it. This game, for some people, offers the closest thing to being an actual "trainer" going out and catching Pokemon in the wild.
zeogold: ...
I know. Still, putting so much effort for... well... less involved virtual pets than say neopets is absurd.
neurasthenya: So, someone has money to travel around the world doing whatever the fuck he likes to do with his spare time. Got it.

And...?
CharlesGrey: Funny how people are criticizing the way other people spend their time and money, on a gaming site of all places. Go figure.

Some days the GOG forum feels like a retirement home, with all the grumpy old folk staring out the window all day, shaking their walking canes at the people outside. :D
LMAO pretty much. And it always reminds me of this video, the ending in particular.
Post edited August 18, 2016 by neurasthenya
Meanwhile some Singaporean decided to show off in local newspaper about collecting 145 pokemons...
By sharing accounts and (probably) using tracking sites. ROFL

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/singaporean-has-caught-them-all