It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gowor: This patch updates to the version 1.03.1 (which is already included in the installer 2.0.0.9). "Update already applied" means the installed version is the same as after the patch.
This is still VERY confusing, could you please make the version numbering more transparent to the gamers?

Could you please switch to a version numbering scheme like the one asked for in this community wish?
Add version number to GOG releases, e.g. Earth 2140 (release 1.2)

scheme: <game-version-string>+gog<internal-version-number>

Would be highly appreciated & would reduce the amount of support tickets ! :)
Post edited January 04, 2013 by shaddim
I was also confused why the game shows version 1.03.1 when I just updated it to 2.0.0.9. Only after trawling the forums I understood it's a feature and not a bug.

I would like the patch to use the same version number that the developer uses. I see no point in changing the version number like this. Besides confusion.
My game says it is version 1.02.6. I downloaded the patch file, ran it, but the patch did not install properly. Here is the message from the patch log:

Faster Than Light patch log
Update from version 1.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.9

Incorrect version of C:\Program Files (x86)\\Faster Than Light\
Incorrect version of C:\Program Files (x86)\\Faster Than Light\resources\
Incorrect version of C:\Program Files (x86)\\Faster Than Light\resources\

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Do I really have to uninstall the game before running the patch?

Gowor: This patch updates to the version 1.03.1 (which is already included in the installer 2.0.0.9). "Update already applied" means the installed version is the same as after the patch.
Post edited January 18, 2013 by daveshoe
Just spent ages trying to find "FTL v2.0" patch notes before realising that it's once again just GOG's internal patch numbering.

So confusing, guys! No one cares about your internal patch numbering except you. Please show the developer's patch name unless there's some good reason not to - and if there is, please put a a clear explanation right next to the download link!
Post edited January 22, 2013 by GregT_314
try to install an older version, before installing the latest version