It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I installed Freespace 2 Open with the 2014 MediaVPs and it's running fine - however the rescaled HUD that you get when using this is too small for my taste when running at 1920x1080. It's hard to read some of the text.

Is there any way to resize the HUD elements?
This question / problem has been solved by MageKing17image
Download this file to your \MediaVPs_2014\data\tables\ folder (creating it if it doesn't exist, which it usually shouldn't).

If you don't want to download a strange file, it's just a text file with a single line (so it's trivial to create yourself with notepad):

$Scale Gauges: yes
MageKing17: Download this file to your \MediaVPs_2014\data\tables\ folder (creating it if it doesn't exist, which it usually shouldn't).

If you don't want to download a strange file, it's just a text file with a single line (so it's trivial to create yourself with notepad):

$Scale Gauges: yes
How is supposed to be named the text file? "scale-hdg.tbm"? I can't launch the download of this one.

Will it enlarge font for ingame messages? I play it on my so it's a little bit far to read in 1080p ^^