It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The companion I met in dwarf camp says 18/29 (and not only 18) in strength attribute. I do not understand it, I am not so familiar with d&d.
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
It's extra STR above 18.

RTM.
Any warrior (fighters, paladins and rangers) with a Strength score of 18 has an exceptional Strength.
Exceptional Strength, whose value is indicated by a percentile number, improves the character's chance to hit an enemy, increases the damage the character causes with each hit, increases the weight the character is able to carry without a penalty for encumbrance and increases the character's ability to force open doors and similar portals.
The exact values of the bonuses are indicated in this table.
Attachments:
dr.schliemann: Any warrior (fighters, paladins and rangers) with a Strength score of 18 has an exceptional Strength.
Exceptional Strength, whose value is indicated by a percentile number, improves the character's chance to hit an enemy, increases the damage the character causes with each hit, increases the weight the character is able to carry without a penalty for encumbrance and increases the character's ability to force open doors and similar portals.
The exact values of the bonuses are indicated in this table.
I'd like to add that 18 (00) is actually 18/100 and is considered the best for starting characters to earn (it's 0x13 0x63 in hex in the depths of save file). Strengths after 18 (19, 20, and so on) are just recorded as a number.

Also, woman are limited to 18/50 instead of 18/100? Why? D&D 1st ed rules. I enjoyed boosting their strength with rings to be better than that of the guys.

... a little further afield ...

Also, constitutions of 19 or better get regeneration (same as trolls). Dwarves with the right rolls initially can obtain this with their racial CON bonus.

Fun factoid: Your character name is limited to 15 digits. In your character save file (.GUY?) the first character before your name is a hex value that controls how long your name is. Putting any number higher than 0x0f in your save file will have detrimental results.

Also, while the Druid and Monk character placeholders exist, none of the behind the scenes code was working, so they cannot level, get spells or anything like that.

Oh, and there's tons of different types of pole arms, but not a single one is magical. Go figure.
PincushionMan: I'd like to add that 18 (00) is actually 18/100 and is considered the best for starting characters to earn (it's 0x13 0x63 in hex in the depths of save file). Strengths after 18 (19, 20, and so on) are just recorded as a number.

Also, woman are limited to 18/50 instead of 18/100? Why? D&D 1st ed rules. I enjoyed boosting their strength with rings to be better than that of the guys.

... a little further afield ...

Also, constitutions of 19 or better get regeneration (same as trolls). Dwarves with the right rolls initially can obtain this with their racial CON bonus.

Fun factoid: Your character name is limited to 15 digits. In your character save file (.GUY?) the first character before your name is a hex value that controls how long your name is. Putting any number higher than 0x0f in your save file will have detrimental results.

Also, while the Druid and Monk character placeholders exist, none of the behind the scenes code was working, so they cannot level, get spells or anything like that.

Oh, and there's tons of different types of pole arms, but not a single one is magical. Go figure.
Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge which goes far beyond the information contained in the game's manual.
PincushionMan: Also, woman are limited to 18/50 instead of 18/100? Why? D&D 1st ed rules.
EOB uses 2nd edition of AD&D, though. Women in warrior classes can go up to 18/100 as well, if their race allows it. Halflings for instance are capped at 17.