It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eriedlinger: I just created a new patch using dxwrapper to be able to get this game working on Windows 10.

The issue with this game is that it has a bug in it. It tries to access the surface memory after the surface has been released. This issue happens right after the first video plays, which is why it crashes after the first video.

Anyways, I created a fix for this game. You can check it out here: https://www.github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki/Final-Liberation%3A-Warhammer-Epic-40%2C000

Thanks,
Elisha
Outstanding! This helps a lot.

I'm wondering if there is something else you can do to help others like me play the game. I noticed that when I click on the units to show range fields (movement, shooting), the program grinds to a halt (freezes, cuts music) and takes like 10 seconds to display ranges. This is pretty unacceptable. I was able to play this game fine 3 years ago on a different laptop. Have you encountered this problem and do you know anything about it?
eriedlinger: I just created a new patch using dxwrapper to be able to get this game working on Windows 10.

The issue with this game is that it has a bug in it. It tries to access the surface memory after the surface has been released. This issue happens right after the first video plays, which is why it crashes after the first video.

Anyways, I created a fix for this game. You can check it out here: https://www.github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki/Final-Liberation%3A-Warhammer-Epic-40%2C000

Thanks,
Elisha
nixnihil: Outstanding! This helps a lot.

I'm wondering if there is something else you can do to help others like me play the game. I noticed that when I click on the units to show range fields (movement, shooting), the program grinds to a halt (freezes, cuts music) and takes like 10 seconds to display ranges. This is pretty unacceptable. I was able to play this game fine 3 years ago on a different laptop. Have you encountered this problem and do you know anything about it?
I have the same problem. I tried the other thread now my game crashes when I go near the map edge
Hi, I just write here to complain that I have problems with the game as well. The 3 files given here and the removal of the 3 starting videos made the game able to run. However, there's a huge latency in game. I can see the buttons becoming red one after an another a few seconds after my mouse pointed them. The latency affects everything in game, so it is totally unplayable.

That's weird because the game worked pretty well with my computer (Nvidia) but it's a total mess with my laptop (amd).
Same problem.

All videos removed. Game started, but regularly crashed during play when units moved.
2 years later and this is sill a problem :( this game worked fine fr me 2 years ago. went back to play it now and i cant get past the SSI logo :'(
Works great using WINE cut scenes and all. I'd check out virtual machines or emulator to get yourself windows 95 inside one.

Thanks,
Elisha
Thank you for the wrapper. I have a small issue with multiplayer, I was wondering if you knew about it. I tried to make a new post but I think im too new so i resorted to replying to this very old post.

"

Hello Everyone,

I am running the gog version of FL in windows 10 PRO (21H1) .
I am using the excellent DXWrapper https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki/Final-Liberation%3A-Warhammer-Epic-40%2C000 from elishacloud (thank you for the fix) , and this means single player runs nice and fast with all the videos etc, in standard 10 mode (NO compatibility settings turned on).

However, what does not run is the pop up window to enter the hosts IP address in multiplayer. The game just waits and hangs and never shows that window. Hence its possible to host a TCPIP game but not join one. Hence no network games for me and my Son!

If one sets the compatibility mode to anything from Win98 up to windows 7, then try again, the IP windows DOES pop up and one can join the network game. Problem is everything is super slow and laggy menus, turns, placing units etc. (hence why we use the dxwraper and windows 10 mode).

I suspect that the wrapper is not bringing the network pop up across, or windows 10 is so different to windows 95/98 networking wise that it wont work.

Does anyone have a workaround to get networked games running in windows 10 and at a nice speed?

Thanks! "
my only issue with this fix is that it doesnt work with dgvoodoo as a fork, therefore no high res and so on