It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks to the files that TheFifthHorseman generously provided, I've had a lot of success tweaking existing units in Final Liberation. I've got a Space Marine squad that feels more like a real Space Marine squad, for example, and more horde-like Orks.

I have hit a roadblock in trying to create new units, however. My POC unit is Space Marine Devastators. I've created all the necessary file entries and ID numbers, and copied (for the POC) the normal Space Marines' CEL file for them, but I cannot figure out how to give them the required SET files.

More accurately, I know how to create SET files (the documentation describes how), but I don't know WHAT set files each unit needs. What I want to do is find the normal Space Marine unit's files and just copy that directory like I've done with its CEL file, but I don't know how to access it.

Has anyone tried to work through the modding tools enough to be able to do this? I'm sure it has to be possible since the fabled old Chaos mod was successful in creating a few additional units.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
John Bayley was working on a Chaos Mod expansion in 2001.

His files are posted in the Final Liberation group on Yahoo. One of them is a zipped SET folder.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Final_Liberation/files/Editing%20tools%20from%20John%20Bailey/
I've been working with tool16.exe, while i have success in viewing units etc i cant yet create my own cel's as i have the same ideas you.

I do have a 32bit tiff of the space marines but it docent load very well!

I'm hoping someone from back in the day will come along and enlighten us!

Edit, I've also sussed out how to position individuals in a 5 man squad etc, so tool16 is still good, however the lack of documentation is frustrating

2nd Edit: doesn't the .set share the same number as the .cel??
Post edited August 11, 2015 by Liberation
Perturabo.235: John Bayley was working on a Chaos Mod expansion in 2001.

His files are posted in the Final Liberation group on Yahoo. One of them is a zipped SET folder.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Final_Liberation/files/Editing%20tools%20from%20John%20Bailey/
Anyone got a copy of these files? Yahoo groups are dead.