So I downloaded the Fallout FIXT from NMA but nothing has changed in the game. I don't know how to change the resolution, and it seems that nobody else has seemed to have to ask this, so I held off for a while. But since I haven't found the answers anywhere, I have to ask. After downloading the gog version of fallout 1, and downloading the fallout FIXT package from NMA, what EXACTLY do I need to do to get Fallout to run the way it should while utilizing all of these patches and mods. I apparently need very specific instructions, and don't be afraid to explain it like I'm 5.
It's been awhile since I've played this game, but let me try to help:
1) Download Fallout
2) Download either Alpha 6.1 FIXES only or Alpha 6.1 Full Custom from http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?43730-Fallout-1-megamod-Fallout-FIXT-alpha-6-4-Nov-6-2013
3) From the same site download the Alpha 6.4 patch.
4) Install Fallout
5) Before you install Fallout FIXT, I recommend you start a new game. This is to ensure everything installed correctly.
6) Install the Alpha 6.1 file you downloaded. It is an .exe file so it should just ask you to locate the Fallout folder created in step 4 above. Just follow the instructions it gives.
7) Install the Alpha 6.4 patch.
8) Start a New Game.
From the Fallout FIXT post listed in step 2:
VERIFYING THAT FIXT IS INSTALLED PROPERLY:
- Click "CREDITS" on main menu will begin with Fallout FIXT credits, and displays current version.
- Version is displayed at bottom-right of main menu background. (May be hard to see at higher resolutions)
Graphics are set to 800x600 @ 16bit with the included settings files, although you can change this of course, by editing f1_res.ini or running f1_res_Config.exe (should be self-explanatory once you open the files for editing)