It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello
When I try to play Fallout 2 (I use Vista) I immediately get a message saying "Error initializing video mode 640x480" I have tried changing my screen resolution, download the hi-resolution patch, download the game again, but nothing helps...
I would love to play this game again, som I would appreciate any help I can get!
Post edited October 12, 2008 by McJanke
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Do you have the newest drivers for you video card? I was getting this too, and updating them fixed it.
Try changing ddraw.dll to a different name, and/or editing your ddraw.ini file from the hi-res patch.
EDIT: if updating your drivers doesn't work that is.
Post edited October 12, 2008 by Weclock
Weclock: Try changing ddraw.dll to a different name, and/or editing your ddraw.ini file from the hi-res patch.
EDIT: if updating your drivers doesn't work that is.

Grr... I want to get some rep too!!!
Rollie: Do you have the newest drivers for you video card? I was getting this too, and updating them fixed it.

This wuld probably help... If I could update my drivers :( I have to contact ATI and ask them why it won't work...
Rollie: Do you have the newest drivers for you video card? I was getting this too, and updating them fixed it.
McJanke: This wuld probably help... If I could update my drivers :( I have to contact ATI and ask them why it won't work...

I find that the most popular/workable solution is what Weclock has proposed.
I got this error once but it seemed to go away once I set the resolution to one in 4:3 aspect ratio.
DrColossus is right, I just fixed it on my widescreen. Thanks DrColossus.
hey

does anybody know how to download 640x480 video mode for gta vc useing steam?