It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone else encountered this, but I had an issue running Fallout 1 when I first installed it on my laptop. The error dialog popped up a message as shown in my subject line, and the game quit. I didn't find any support topics regarding this error, so I went and figured out how to resolve it and put it into a little PDF. Figured it might help if anyone else was having issues with it.
Unfortunately, it looks like we can't attach docs in this forum, so I have it hosted on my domain for the time being.
http://etistudios.com/temp/resolution_error_fix.pdf
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I too have this problem.
I have this problem only after installing the high-res patch. If I remove it, it works fine.
JJMan: I have this problem only after installing the high-res patch. If I remove it, it works fine.

Try renaming or deleting ddraw.dll.
JJMan: I have this problem only after installing the high-res patch. If I remove it, it works fine.
OpieSF: Try renaming or deleting ddraw.dll.

Done, but then I get black screens when talking to people and no videos in dialog.

I solved the problem by editing f1_res.ini file and setting:
AUTO_SCRN_SIZE = 0
SCR_WIDTH = <width you want>
SCR_HEIGHT = <height you want>
COLOUR_BITS = 8
hope this helps :)