It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi.

I've tried changing several settings in DosBox, yet no matter what the frame rate, the time in the sim (as can be seen in the F7 and F8 MFD pages) always ticks by far too quickly.

Is this just me, or is this a known issue?

Thanks for any suggestions.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Hippo123: Hi.

I've tried changing several settings in DosBox, yet no matter what the frame rate, the time in the sim (as can be seen in the F7 and F8 MFD pages) always ticks by far too quickly.

I just downloaded the game so I can't give a definitive answer yet, but I searched for "f117 microprose" on Youtube. Scanning through a couple of videos until the pilot display showed game time, it did seem like it wasn't a true clock time, but the screen movements were similar to my memory. I'll try to update when I've had some time to re-train myself with the game.

PS. I was having a similar thought and posted about another Microprose Game called Covert Action. Someone kindly responded that the in-game clock was not "real time".
Thanks for replying.

It does seem to run much as I remember it (for whatever that's worth) when I played it back in the day. I don't remember the clock running faster than reality back then, and I think it's something I would have noticed.

Do any of those videos show the game running on a PC of the time? (I would of course check myself, but am away,and on a limited internet connection).

Have you tried pressing Shift Z or Shift X to switch between accelerated and normal time?
Matewis: Have you tried pressing Shift Z or Shift X to switch between accelerated and normal time?
Yes. For me the issue occurs with the game running in normal time.
Matewis: Have you tried pressing Shift Z or Shift X to switch between accelerated and normal time?
Hippo123: Yes. For me the issue occurs with the game running in normal time.
I quickly installed the game to check. For me it seems like the time goes by twice as fast as realtime. I'm not sure what it did with the original version back on my old 486 though. I wasn't that observant :P
Hippo123: Is this just me, or is this a known issue?
I seem to have the same issue. Have you tried changing the cycles dosbox setting?

I read the manuals to f19 and f117. I don't remember which manual I read this in specifically. There was a passage about base game time in general being accelerated.