It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One of the front reviews on the store page mentions something about mission generation. Does that mean this game has randomly generated missions? If so that would right to my liking, this game looks tempting on sale, and if it's something I could just pick up and play for a bit, then that would be perfect.
Uhm I don't know whether it is actually random, but it does feel like it's random (although I suspect that it's not). You only select what kind of political situation there is in a region, and that affects the kind of missions you receive and what you are allowed to attack. Apart from that you don't have any direct control over what kind of mission you receive, but you can skip a mission in the briefing if you don't feel like doing it. Whenever you skip a mission you are given a new one, so you could in that way keeping skipping missions until you find something you like.