It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finally got the game to look right with some manual DOSbox tweaking, all I need now is some help with the sound.

When I play the game through IBM or Ad lib it sounds like a PC speaker and no voices, so I have to use Roland. However on Roland the voices play but there aren't any proper sound effects. The sounds which do play are these momentary single note 'ping', 'boing' sounds whenever I do something such as increasing the throttle or retracting landing gear. I tried Alt/V but that also only produces a 'boing' when I return to sounds 3.

I have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
VWood:
Hi, Roland is more of a music synthesizer.
If you want proper soundeffects you can better choose Soundblaster.
VWood: I finally got the game to look right with some manual DOSbox tweaking, all I need now is some help with the sound.

When I play the game through IBM or Ad lib it sounds like a PC speaker and no voices, so I have to use Roland. However on Roland the voices play but there aren't any proper sound effects. The sounds which do play are these momentary single note 'ping', 'boing' sounds whenever I do something such as increasing the throttle or retracting landing gear. I tried Alt/V but that also only produces a 'boing' when I return to sounds 3.

I have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Roland is not a normal audio card like Soundblaster, it's a music synthesizer. Back in the day it was the ultimate audio system but needed to be setup. The F-117A nighhawk is not configured out-of-the-box to use it so if you choose the Roland option without setting it up first all you will get is an emulation.

You will need Roland configuration files and a dedicated software, like Munt. Once set up, your game will sound like this:

https://youtu.be/_V2ptc2eOds?t=398