It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A lot of the times when I've done the mission briefing and selected the weapons load, the game exits to windows when I select go to the hangar?

Using latest build (as of March 10th), and Windows 7.
Ditto thetrond's comment ... some training scenarios work, but not all, and I haven't been able to get any of the non-training scenarios to do anything but crash to windows when leaving the hangar. Please help!
The issue appears to be with my soundcard (Nvidia). The only way the game functions correctly is to set it to option 1 for sound (IBM Sounds). Sound quality on this setting isn't the best, but at least I can play the game with access to all scenarios (training and otherwise).
thetrond: A lot of the times when I've done the mission briefing and selected the weapons load, the game exits to windows when I select go to the hangar?

Using latest build (as of March 10th), and Windows 7.
This started happening to me, too. I've tried all sound options, including going with no sound (worked once). Can't get it to get past going to the hanger at all now.
Yup, you're right ... thought I had it figured out, but now I can't get past a couple of training scenarios again without crashing to the desktop. Hope someone has an answer to this.
Been almost a month. Still not working for me. Anyone else figure this out?
When this crash occurred for me, I noticed that DOSBox gave an error message saying it was missing a file called "CLIMBIN.PICT".
Post edited May 08, 2015 by SWPogue
I noticed this occurs every time my takeoff location is a carrier. Whenever a mission starts from a carrier it crashes whenever going to the hangar.

Since carrier based missions are a big part of several theaters, it makes a large part of the game unplayable.
SWPogue: When this crash occurred for me, I noticed that DOSBox gave an error message saying it was missing a file called "CLIMBIN.PICT".
You're absolutely corrert, GOG version is missing file CLIMBIN.PICT which causes the game to crash when you go to hangar room because crucial animation is missing. I've copied that file from another version of the game I had before and everything started to work.
Please, GOG, fix this game version and put CLIMBIN.PICT file into it. If GOG team needs this file I can send it to you.
abr_alex: Please, GOG, fix this game version and put CLIMBIN.PICT file into it. If GOG team needs this file I can send it to you.
Submit your own solution.
abr_alex: Please, GOG, fix this game version and put CLIMBIN.PICT file into it. If GOG team needs this file I can send it to you.
Gydion: Submit your own solution.
Already did. Awaiting reply from GOG.
I'm experiencing this issue as well. GOG, would you please provide this file.
Same for me. Strangely, when recently installed, the game works OK but, after quitting and starting the game again, it starts crashing.

I can't understand what's happening.
SWPogue: When this crash occurred for me, I noticed that DOSBox gave an error message saying it was missing a file called "CLIMBIN.PICT".
This is now fixed. Redownload the Windows or Linux installer to have the version of the game with this exact issue fixed.
abr_alex: Already did. Awaiting reply from GOG.
Fixed. One of our previous builds had that file but I am not sure why that .PICT file was missing from our later build. In any case, all you need to do is re-download the Windows installer or Linux .sh file to get the fixed version :)
Post edited October 28, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Fixed. One of our previous builds had that file but I am not sure why that .PICT file was missing from our later build. In any case, all you need to do is re-download the Windows installer or Linux .sh file to get the fixed version :)
Nice to hear that. Glad the problem got solved.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by abr_alex