It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My dilemma is: With the default 3000 CPU cycles, my keyboard steering commands are so slow to make the game unplayable (I play without Joystick). If I increase them to 8000, the key commands are fine and fluid BUT...Any strong enemy AI is gone, missiles never hit me, the game runs too fast.
At which CPU cycles do you guys play with? Or is there any way to get better keyboard steering controls at low CPU cycles, with some Dosbox settings?

Thanks,
Post edited April 08, 2022 by XenonS
XenonS: My dilemma is: With the default 3000 CPU cycles, my keyboard steering commands are so slow to make the game unplayable (I play without Joystick). If I increase them to 8000, the key commands are fine and fluid BUT...Any strong enemy AI is gone, missiles never hit me, the game runs too fast.
At which CPU cycles do you guys play with? Or is there any way to get better keyboard steering controls at low CPU cycles, with some Dosbox settings?

Thanks,
It is tricky, indeed. Try to set 386_slow and/or core normal or simple. Cycles around 5000/6000. Experiment until you achieve a proper AI and the speed, smoothness feels fine enough

Greetings