It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I went ahead and recreated all the icons from the keyboard template and put them into an Elgato Stream Deck, fully keymapped.

I've been playtesting this the last few days and it is definitely a great way to play and enjoy F-117A. I've attached screens for you to check it out. If you're interested I can send you the profile for you to bring into the Stream Deck software. Let me know. I'm looking for feedback - thanks!
Attachments:
I love this game but I really miss the keyboard overlay sitting atop my keyboard to use as a reference to guide my missions. It makes the game feel authentic, complex, tactile, if you will. None of the overlays fit on my keyboard :( and I feel like having a printout sitting next to me while constantly referring to it took me out of the game. It didn't feel right - so I decided to create a new overlay for the 80+ key mappings.

I came across the Elgato Streamdeck. It's a 15 button keypad that has small 72x72px backlit screen for each button. Really cool. It's designed for streamers, but who cares. You can assign hotkeys, hotkey switches, folders for nesting actions, and tons more.

I recreated each of the icons from the original keyboard overlay, mapped the key commands onto the Streamdeck and then organized the hotkeys to make it usable.

FYI - Even if you don't have the Streamdeck you can download the software and import the profile to preview the graphical overlay. Let me know and I'll put it online to download.
That is something I always wished for when I was playing these as a kid! Would have been so much easier than remembering the keyboard layout . . . especially when you get a copy already installed on a pawnshop computer, so you don't even have the reference material. It took a while to figure out all the controls, then memorize them, and this would have solved the problem.

Also looks like it would help reduce the problem of finger slippage and hitting the wrong key.
Link to the streamdeck profile can be found below.
www.dropbox.com/s/upz33c5ymy6g6u4/F-117A.streamDeckProfile?dl=0

Download the streamdeck software manager and import the profile. Enjoy!
Post edited August 19, 2021 by ubiquityxx