It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone,
Has anyone managed to play the latest version of the game with the HTC Vive?

It seems like no matter what i try, launching the game with the usual "-vr" shortcut ends up in a constantly re-rendering and unresponsive main screen. The music plays and the actual background can be seen for one second (on the desktop everspace window) or two before it gets replaced by a new one, and so on until i close the application. No menus appear. In the visor, i see the usual background (although there are short pauses when i think it tries to pick up the video from the everspace exec)

Tried rolling back to 1.1.3 version, VR starts without issues.

It seems like the SteamVr application does not pick up on the Everspace executable, its filename does not show in the steamvr window like it did when i used bersion 1.13. I've tried msot things, be it video drivers, beta-non beta, changing ways of VR rendering, resolutions and reinstalling from scratch both steamvr and everspace but still i need to roll back to 1.1.3 whenever i want to play in VR.

I'd be happy if someone could have some insight into this. Thanks in advance!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Hey! Thanks for reporting this. We can't reproduce this on our end, are you getting this issue consistently? We are currently upgrading to a newer Unreal Engine version and changing some aspects of how VR is set up, so it might be that the next patch will resolve your issue. There has also been some problems reported concerning the new SteamVR version. I assume you're playing the GoG version with SteamVR enabled?
Hey, thanks for your attention on this!
As for the details:
1) Yes, i'm getting the issue consistently, despite all i try, all versions of everspace including and after 1.2.0 give the same issue under all circumstances
2) Yes, i launch everspace with SteamVR enabled and running (i've tried both beta version and not).

I also think this might be some sort of incompatibility with Unreal Engine on my particular setup. I hope newer patches will somehow fix this for me, i'll just have to wait and if something comes to mind i'll try it and report back if succesful. In the endi ii'm still enjoying the game a lot even without VR, so this being solved would be the perfect icing on the cake!
Thank you devlopers for your work :)
Thanks for the details! We have another GOG player who reported the same issue since 1.2.0, hopefully we can boil this down now.
im having same issue...vive, newest gog version and geforce 1080..
I just got the GoG version to play with my HTC Vive and am unable to get VR to work at all.

I've tried adding -vr to the command launch in GoG Galaxy and on a shortcut for the game.

I get video that cuts in and out on my monitor. SteamVR doesn't start when I launch the game with or without the -vr option. Launching without the -vr option successfully launches the game without VR.

Ryzen 7 1700
RX480 8GB
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
Post edited April 20, 2018 by shadower_sc
I'm in the same boat. I just bought Everspace and the screen flashes over and over again as if it were loading, but it never gets to the main screen with my Vive and the -vr switch. I know this is a total bonus to the game, but I was really looking forward to VR. :/ Hopefully you all have the time to solve the issue soon.
Having a similar problem in 1.2.3.

When I start the game up with -vr (either via a shortcut or using gogs command line option) the game starts up but steamvr stays in the home screen and the desktop mirror of the game has overexposed looking graphics and menus.
I confirm that with the new 1.2.3 version, my issue changed from what i've been telling in my first post to what DarthBenedict is experiencing.

Game starts correctly now, but menus are overexposed (looks like just the menus to me, but might be a slight difference and i might not notie the rest), steamVR does not pick up the game at all and stays in the home screen.

For now i just tried to reinstall and verify the game on GoG, but i have the same issue.

Btw, my specs (forgot to paste them in the first message):

i7 7770k (slightly OC, not an issue in everything else)
Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Extreme
16GB ram
Windows 10 pro x64 (1709)
Did a bit more testing, the overexposed look only happens when postprocessing is turned up. It looks as if it's applying bloom twice.
Hey! Super sorry about that, afaik we switched off the SteamVR plugin accidentally in the GoG build. We will have a hotfix in the next days that will resolve this.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by baci
so was this fixed? i didnt see a patch on gog yet.
We had a slight delay with the patch, but it should be up later today.
sweet, once i get vr working again on my vive i will be buying encountgers as well...
We just submitted the patch (1.3.0) and VR should work on GoG again, sorry for the mess-up!