It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

×
Just in case anyone else has the same problem. I did not play Everspace for a couple of months but when I wanted to play it recently, It did not launch and displayed the following error:
./EverspaceWithShippedLibraries.sh: Zeile 3: 24438 Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$UE4_PROJECT_ROOT/RSG/Plugins/VlcMedia/ThirdParty/vlc/Linux/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/:$LD _LIBRARY_PATH" "$UE4_PROJECT_ROOT/RSG/Binaries/Linux/RSG-Linux-Shipping" "$@"

I can be start with ./start --syslib
but that should be fixed.

Running on Manjaro Linux.
Post edited January 08, 2021 by Enginnsson
I have exactly the same problem on Linux Mint.
All worked well, with the classic launcher.
But today I have to use the second launcher, which adds libraries.

No EVERSPACE update, so I guess the problem came up as a result of a system update.
Nothing to do with the removal of 32-Bit support from Linux, EVERSPACE is 64-Bit, like Manjaro and Mint.
so what happened?
The kernel ? (I don't think so.)
MESA ? (I don't think so.)
LLVM ? ? ?

I agree that we need to understand what happened, and do something about it.
Attachments:
Post edited January 09, 2021 by LinuxFire
Speicherzugriffsfehler.... Memory fault? Memory timing fault? My German is only so so and advanced technical terms are a bit too much. That does sound like a hardware problem but then it should not happen to more than one person.

Unfortunatly I'm away from my Manjaro system now and have no pc capable of running the game where I am, sorry LinuxFire. You even asked me to come have a look.

Hmm... COULD be a mistake in the microcode I guess. Do you people have the same processor family?
Post edited January 09, 2021 by Themken
avatar
Themken: That does sound like a hardware problem but then it should not happen to more than one person.
Hmm... COULD be a mistake in the microcode I guess. Do you people have the same processor family?
Thank you Themken, happy to see you ;-)

$ lscpu
Identifiant constructeur : GenuineIntel
Nom de modèle : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Architecture : x86_64
Mode(s) opératoire(s) des processeurs : 32-bit, 64-bit
Boutisme : Little Endian
Address sizes: 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
Processeur(s) : 6

$ dmesg | grep microcode
[ 0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0xde, date = 2020-05-25
[ 0.620941] microcode: sig=0x906ea, pf=0x2, revision=0xde
[ 0.621045] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.2.

I found this command to check the required dependencies, and if they are in the system: ldd <binary file>
I haven't tried it, and not sure if it would help to understand.

I looked at the update history of the intel microcode, I won't be affirmative on the defect match, but it's quite possible:
Attachments:
Post edited January 10, 2021 by LinuxFire
I cannot think of anything else. Not an expert on Linux.
I have this problem on two PCs with different Ryzen processors so that doesn't seem to be the cause.