It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hello everyone, here's the big patch we've been working on for quite some time now. This is a combined 01.05 and 01.06 patch for users who own the game via GOG Galaxy.

To cut a very long story short, the save system needed a rewrite from the ground up in terms of how certain delay actions were handled. That in combination with an Unreal Engine version update to something more modern took a lot longer than intended. We also didn't want to rush out a patch that could make save file issues even worse than they already were.

Thank you for being so patient while we got this out the door, with an especially big shoutout to our GOG players, who had to wait a bit longer while we dealt with some issues that arose from the 01.05 patch on Steam. Rather than release a 01.05 on GOG which still contained a few big issues, all of those bugs were fixed as soon as possible, and around 48 hours after the Steam release of 01.06, we now have a GOG release containing all the 01.05 and 01.06 fixes, along with Achievements via the GOG platform for the first time.

I've tested this patch with multiple playthroughs - achievements and save issues appear to be a thing of the past when playing from a fresh savefile. For existing savefiles, some will work, but others may be broken beyond repair. We recommend you give your existing savefile a try if you're just looking to get a quick achievement pop for projectors (5, 10, 15 & 20 complete), but that you play with a fresh savefile now that the game is much more reliable.

Please make sure you are playing with the 1.06 patch before emailing us a savefile. You can check this by the readme file in the game's directory (if there is no readme, it's not 1.05 or newer). Alternatively, there is a new patch version number in the top-right corner of the options menu.

New Features: Added Achievements to the GOG platform! Users playing Ether One Redux via GOG will be able to unlock achievements.

Bug Fixes:
FIXED IN 01.06:
Fixed a streaming level saving issue that affected the Mining depth levels that swap in and out - items will no longer be lost in there and any puzzles will stay at the same state you left them if you change mining depth.
If you have lost a reel needed for the Brimclif Mine machine puzzle, you will be able to find it in your case. With the Mining depth set to 480, stand near the Mine Reel Machine, then teleport to the case. If there is enough room on the shelves, the missing reels will appear.
If your shelves are already full, make sure to free up room by placing items elsewhere (the Industrial Area's desks are good for this). You'll then need to re-enter Brimclif Mine and repeat the above step.
Adjusted look speed to make it more consistent. If you're still having issues, delete your Saved configs folder and try 'reset to defaults' on the input settings in-game.
Fixed translations that were broken in patch 01.05. All subtitled languages have a near-total translation in place.
Fixed an issue where teleporting to Loss from the Case would cause a player to fall through the floor on a lower-end PC.
Fixed Dead Miners Puzzle once and for all. The candles will now always count to the correct amount. Remember to do the thing you need to do to every pedestal / altar, not just one.
Fixed an issue where the End Sequence wasn't displaying any ribbons that you found in Brimclif Mine.
Potential fix for a door in the End Sequence not opening after the water part if the game is running on a lower-end PC.
Fixed an issue where the pulley rope in the Blacksmith wasn't saving its position.

FIXED IN 01.05:
Fixed notes and background elements not scaling to different resolutions (particularly 1280x1024).
Fixed achievements both steamside and gameside - all achievements known to unlock in a playthrough with this patch from a fresh save file.
Fixed a steamside language depot issue.
Fixed some graphics settings not updating.
Fixed polish language being set by default - przepraszam!
Fixed an issue where the water sometimes turns green in the mines due to an outdated reflectioncapture.
Re-enabled autosaves across the game for puzzles etc.
Fixed an issue where clicking in the background on a menu lost focus and caused keypresses to not be picked up.
Fixed an issue where the mapboard doesn't appear sometimes.
Fixed many door rotation issues (see known issues)
Broke load from disk operation into two parts to make it more reliable for the threaded operation.
Fixed a crash on start new game related to an unreferenced camera fade.
Fixed a crash involving dialogue that is playing while saving the game.
Fixed an issue where look sensitivity was a very small value by default.
Rewrote some of the extraction code to make it feel a little quicker.
Compartmentalized Save to Disk from Save Game operations, so that it never sends data the wrong way between the two.
Fixed an outmap in the may day bedroom.
Fixed an issue where blackboards didn't keep their current text after loading game.
Repaired blackboard cursors and fonts.
Fixed a missing visual effect when tearing a rubber pipe in the village.
Fixed an outmap in Industrial Center.
Fixed walk on water issues in Devlin, Mine and Midpoint.
Fixed an issue where an item with two materials would swap material with another item (may day envelope).
Prevented the player from interacting with the may day order form while the form is being moved into the envelope.
Right mouse button now closes notes and stops interactions with a blackboard reliably.
Constrained the mouse to the window in all UI (notes, menus etc)
Disabled the water volume in Devlin so that when the water drains away the player doesn't still hear water footsteps.
Fixed an issue where Arsenic house would show the wrong flame colour after loading the game or returning to the area.
Fixed an issue where you could walk through the blue valve puzzle machine in Devlin.
Fixed an issue where the arsenic grinder speed would be incorrect after loading the game.
Fixed a level streaming issue in Devlin where a room would not be visible from a certain angle.
Latent Determinism fix - handled an issue that was contributing to a lot of broken save files and puzzles - all latent actions are now saved with a mapping, so that if another patch is released, the new id's for latent actions can be looked up and applied.
Level of Detail Bias settings have been adjusted - players running with lower level of detail settings should still be able to read key items such as the miners metal plate in Devlin.
Fixed texture detail setting not working properly.
Prevented the game from booting up SteamVR/OculusVR due to plugins that were enabled by default in a previous patch.
Fixed Miners Dry puzzle with a valid count of candles. If you have issues, try turning all the candles off and starting again.
Church Bells Puzzle is now more reliable.
Fixed a distance culling issue with some meshes beneath the lighthouse when in the Harbour.
Fixed a menu issue where UI elements would be greyed out until they were active.
Fixed the issue where an item placed sound would always fire after the game is loaded.
Fixed a bad subtitle in English when entering the Blacksmith puzzle.
Fixed a typo in English when reading a note in the Blacksmith puzzle.
Reduced extremely loud volume of puzzle solved ambient effects in the Industrial area.
Fixed some missing collision on a pillar in the Industrial area.
Made an additional 700a fuse spawn in the lockers closest to the ventilation valve puzzle if the puzzle hasn't been solved yet, and there are no 700a fuses in the lockers, and there is an empty item zone.
Forced the piano interaction to unlock in Village when the game loads so that players don't get stuck on Church puzzle.
Fixed an issue where blackboards would allow a single character to be entered to be solved.
Fixed a missing 'slow' effect on a water volume in Brimclif.
Fixed an issue where culling of the candles in Miners Vigil left them not visible from a distance.
Fixed an issue where the mapboard would not allow interactions with puzzle text elements below a certain angle.
Fixed a lack of collision on pumping machinery on the memory puzzle in Brimclif, and allowed the player to interact with the reel.
Fixed an issue where you couldn't walk to the furthest desks in one of the school classrooms in the Village.
Fixed some repeating audio issues across the Village.
Fixed the mapboard ID's being mismatched to the projectors - when you solve a puzzle, the correct puzzle will be gold on the mapboard.
Fixed an issue where the combo dials opposite the reel machine in Brimclif couldn't be interacted with.
Fixed an issue where Brimclif lift audio would loop forever if taking the lift a couple of times.
Fixed a lighting issue with the paintable wall in Village.
All puzzles and savegame operations are now much more reliable.
Added text displaying the current patch version of the game on the options menu.
Fixed an incorrect light reference in the Dead Miners puzzle which made spotting the 2 lamps made visible by the rightmost altar very difficult.
Fix for the blackboard in Pinwheel Shipping in the Village not firing it's correct event for puzzle solved if you solve it too close to other dialogue.
Fixed in-world tutorial tips not updating their language if the player chose a new language unless the player loaded another level.
Fixed a variety of issues that made some elements, such as subtitles, the mouse, loading icon, 2d tutorial prompts and area locations appear very small at large resolutions and bigger at small resolutions.
Patch 01.05 & 01.06 also bring the underlying Unreal Engine version for Ether One Redux from 4.8.3 to 4.22.3.

Thanks for your patience & Happy Restoring!
White Paper Games
Post edited May 16, 2020 by aguycalleddave
Thank you! : )

(btw, you can ask Gog to obtain a special account for devs)
Post edited May 16, 2020 by phaolo
Hi, will there be a Linux port anytime soon?
Thank you very much for the update and the inclusion of achievements, I really appreciate it!
aguycalleddave: Thanks for your patience & Happy Restoring!
White Paper Games
I am speechless. I waited for this since years, never gave up hope (just ask Pete ;)). Thank you, thank you, thank you! I so love this game (which is why I did the German localisation) and I was so hoping that these bugs people keep mentioning will be fixed in the end. Thank you, Pete and the whole Whitepapergames team.
You fixed the game after six years :-O That is mighty rare for a develoepr to do, thank you.
Klumpen0815: Hi, will there be a Linux port anytime soon?
Afraid not, it's not a priority. Sorry!
aguycalleddave: Thanks for your patience & Happy Restoring!
White Paper Games
MarkoH01: I am speechless. I waited for this since years, never gave up hope (just ask Pete ;)). Thank you, thank you, thank you! I so love this game (which is why I did the German localisation) and I was so hoping that these bugs people keep mentioning will be fixed in the end. Thank you, Pete and the whole Whitepapergames team.
Thanks to you for doing the German translations! It was much appreciated by many players, and by us.
Themken: You fixed the game after six years :-O That is mighty rare for a develoepr to do, thank you.
I'm sorry it's taken so long, it's been a long road of other projects and other work. The past 6 months have provided enough chunks of time here or there to allow me to get the hammer down and fix as much as possible.
aguycalleddave: Thanks to you for doing the German translations! It was much appreciated by many players, and by us.
Hi, does this have polish localisation, I could probably attempt a translation since I'm both a native Polish/Australian dude who finished this game about five years ago but still have very fond memories of this great game.
aguycalleddave: Thanks to you for doing the German translations! It was much appreciated by many players, and by us.
X-com: Hi, does this have polish localisation, I could probably attempt a translation since I'm both a native Polish/Australian dude who finished this game about five years ago but still have very fond memories of this great game.
Hi X-com, yes the game does have Polish localisation support. Thank you for offering though :)
Thanks for the patch! When I played the game a couple of years ago I went with the original version since I've heard there were some problems with the redux. Turned out to be one fantastic experience and I'll definitely replay the game in its redux version soon.

Maybe after playing The Occupation...:)