It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has any been able to get EE to run on 2560x1440? The games opens to the menu just fine, but crashes every time I load into a game. The game runs fine on lower resolutions, but I get these large black bars on the side of the screen.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, is there a fix or a workaround?

Thank you!
Post edited December 10, 2017 by hortong2
Try to run the game in 1680 x 1050, i have the same problem to run in resolution higher than this, the game closed and i have error in the runtime
I’m having the same exact issue. I could have sworn a few months ago I played the game in 2560x1440.

If it’s not actually possible to run the game in 2560x1440 then so be it. I just can’t stand playing the game while knowing that there is a higher quality way to view the game. Plus the black bars on the side drive me crazy.
hortong2, maybe you played EE2 with Unofficial Patch 1.5? It has the Custom Screen Resolution generator where you can set whatever you like.
Attachments:
hortong2: Has any been able to get EE to run on 2560x1440? The games opens to the menu just fine, but crashes every time I load into a game. The game runs fine on lower resolutions, but I get these large black bars on the side of the screen.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, is there a fix or a workaround?

Thank you!
Late reply, but for later reference: Empire Earth supports 2560x1440 just fine. The problem is with early versions of Direct3D, which will return and error when told to use any resolution exceeding 2048 pixels in width or height. There's a workaround specifically for this here:
https://github.com/UCyborg/LegacyD3DResolutionHack

There's also a Direct3D wrapper here that doesn't have the same problem and runs Empire Earth somewhat nicely:
http://dege.freeweb.hu/
Attachments: