It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: Click on MORE and choose 'Classic Installers'. You can get the patch through your browser that way.
monotony: nope, only shows the main client: https://i.imgur.com/jbCrMZq.jpg

but i've found the issue. the patch only shows when "english" is the selected language. should be compatible with the "german version" too, though, as all versions are identical. changing the language of the game merely requires two changes in the config xml.

thanks for the info.
Bloody hell. You'd think GOG could at least get it to show up no matter your language selection. Glad you got it sorted out though.
jackal1234: i installed satellite for a few minutes to do its file check routine which updated me no problem in ten minutes. suspecting it's a business decision despite what is being said, because obviously it works!
AiCola: Do you mean galaxy? What is satellite?
If you install galaxy you can i think import the game folder, and then it should be able to update the game.
After that you can just uninstall galaxy.
yeah typo! and that's exactly what i did. dont want any more extra s^*t running at start up or in the background
DDQW: It is pretty obvious: The offline Patches are a feast for pirates and the galaxy installer is the only thing that at least makes it a little less comfortable for pirates to use gog games (do you know there is a dedicated page just to download gog installers?)

So to have the latest and greatest you once in a while use gog galaxy to update your stuff (you can then run everything without galaxy).

I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
I can't really understand your post, because the manual game files outside of Galaxy can only be accessed by someone who (a) has a GOG account and (b) if that particular game is registered as purchased by him under that account. People merely browsing the store cannot download the game files unless they have bought the game because those files are not exposed to them. That's the way it works for me...;)

Here's what I do and it's worked well for me...I download the game files manually because I like having an installable copy of the games I buy. After installing the games, I'll import them into Galaxy for updates, since Galaxy updates significantly faster than the manual patching these days (because developers can update their own games directly now through Galaxy just as Valve allows them to do under Steam.) But, I still run the games from their own executables so that I don't have to load up Galaxy every time I run my game. It works well, actually. Then later, when the manual files are updated to the latest version, I'll download those to keep my game installation files up-to-date.

I suppose that a pirate might somehow obtain a person's account info in order to pirate a game--for instance, if someone shared that info with them for that purpose--but exactly the same thing could be done through Galaxy, I'm thinking. It all depends on how tightly GOG policy ties IP addresses to GOG accounts--which I'm guessing is something they don't really do since people have mobile laptops and may donwload their games from a number of places through a variety of wireless hotspots, and because of DHCP servers constantly changing IP addresses--those that actually do that, of course.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by waltc
DDQW: This is pointless whining. Especially if i read some people that have pretty much every other drm client on their system. But galaxy? Oh there suddenly it becomes a problem. Fuckwits should just stop pretending they bought it.
you're an asshat. our accounts show who did what. it's not your judgement mofo. this is sold on a no nonsense no addon basis, so yes, people will complain when you need one
Post edited January 14, 2018 by jackal1234
DDQW: I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
Really?
DDQW: They want people to use galaxy. Again why? because it cannot be used with pirated gog games.
Looks like you miss the whole point of DRM-free GOG aproach. DRM never prevent piracy. It harms only legal owners.

monotony: this is becoming pretty infuriating. the latest game version is now 1.0.2955.0 and again, you cannot update other than using gog galaxy or the gog downloader.
GR00T: Click on MORE and choose 'Classic Installers'. You can get the patch through your browser that way.
Problem is You can't use 1.0.2955.0 without 1.0.2946.0. And 1.0.2946.0 was never there.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by dal
What are you talking about. I bought the game for full price right at the release date here at GoG.
dal: Problem is You can't use 1.0.2955.0 without 1.0.2946.0. And 1.0.2946.0 was never there.
yep. support didn't answer me yet in that regard. we are literally forced to redownload the whole game.

edit: support answered. supposedly, a patch would have been ~30gb large. this begs the question why the patch is not that large when deployed via galaxy.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by monotony
OldAndBald: What are you talking about. I bought the game for full price right at the release date here at GoG.
Don't even bother. I've seen idiots like this on other forums. You'll never convince him that anyone complaining isn't a pirate.
monotony: edit: support answered. supposedly, a patch would have been ~30gb large. this begs the question why the patch is not that large when deployed via galaxy.
I think it has to do with the tool(s) used to make the game. I remember seeing this asked about games that use Unity and this is what happens with patching. You can do an incremental patch due to the way clients like Steam and Galaxy integrate with the game. But standalone patches end up being huge.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by GR00T
GR00T: I think it has to do with the tool(s) used to make the game. I remember seeing this asked about games that use Unity and this is what happens with patching. You can do an incremental patch due to the way clients like Steam and Galaxy integrate with the game. But standalone patches end up being huge.
­

the game files should be exactly the same. steam is a different thing entirely due to drm mechanics like steamworks.

it is my assumption that the offline installers are missing the tools for the extraction/injection of specific packages. otherwise why can't the installer do what galaxy can? the files necessary were uploaded by piranha bytes.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by monotony
monotony: ­

the game files should be exactly the same. steam is a different thing entirely due to drm mechanics like steamworks.

it is my assumption that the offline installers are missing the tools for the extraction/injection of specific packages. otherwise why can't the installer do what galaxy can? the files necessary were uploaded by piranha bytes.
Just reporting what I've read (I think it was in reference to Unity and Pillars of Eternity, as well as for Titan Quest).
monotony: edit: support answered. supposedly, a patch would have been ~30gb large. this begs the question why the patch is not that large when deployed via galaxy.
Thanks for clarifying. Why GOG won't announce that before we all get mad on them?..
DDQW: It is pretty obvious: The offline Patches are a feast for pirates and the galaxy installer is the only thing that at least makes it a little less comfortable for pirates to use gog games (do you know there is a dedicated page just to download gog installers?)

So to have the latest and greatest you once in a while use gog galaxy to update your stuff (you can then run everything without galaxy).

I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
­

i was just thinking of this post...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/85q946/final_fantasy_7_8_currently_cant_be_played_at_all/

"Final Fantasy 7 & 8 currently can't be played at all due to DRM server being down."
Post edited March 20, 2018 by monotony
Only that galaxy is no drm. Once its isntalled with galaxy it can be played offline perfectly fine.
According to a Steam gamer, there was a patch / update for Elex on Friday. Unfortunately, the developers are no longer issuing patch notes. I'm curious if and when GOG Elex patches / updatet.

https://steamdb.info/app/411300/history/

Translated with Google.
Post edited March 25, 2018 by Ulf2016
Ulf2016: According to a Steam gamer, there was a patch / update for Elex on Friday. Unfortunately, the developers are no longer issuing patch notes. I'm curious if and when GOG Elex patches / updatet.

https://steamdb.info/app/411300/history/

Translated with Google.
good catch. i'm keeping an eye out for it now too.

there are some interesting mods out for it on nexusmods, will have to see if they still stay compatible