It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anybody managed to bypass the activation problem on Wine? I installed it succesfully but now I can't get pass the activation screen. I guess I would need to change something in the wine registry but don't know how. I know gog used a hack to get the game running without the need for a key since all the original activation stuff is there. Well if nothing else works I'll try my old retail Earth 2160 key.
Post edited December 26, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Anybody managed to bypass the activation problem on Wine? I installed it succesfully but now I can't get pass the activation screen. I guess I would need to change something in the wine registry but don't know how. I know gog used a hack to get the game running without the need for a key since all the original activation stuff is there.
Are you trying to do something other than singleplayer vanilla or does the install fail to set the registry entries in Wine? I can take a look at this later if I remember.
Matruchus: Anybody managed to bypass the activation problem on Wine? I installed it succesfully but now I can't get pass the activation screen. I guess I would need to change something in the wine registry but don't know how. I know gog used a hack to get the game running without the need for a key since all the original activation stuff is there.
Gydion: Are you trying to do something other than singleplayer vanilla or does the install fail to set the registry entries in Wine? I can take a look at this later if I remember.
Im just trying to get the singleplayer running. I read in other threads that even in windows in some cases there is the issue with registry entries not being right and the game does not activate and demands old activation keys. This seems to be the issue in wine since the installation was flawlles otherwise.
Post edited December 26, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: I read in other threads that even in windows in some cases there is the issue with registry entries not being right and the game does not activate and demands old activation keys. This seems to be the issue in wine since the installation was flawlles otherwise.
Wine bug confirmed.
I had this problem too, but I purchased the retail version in the past so I just use the serial from the retail version. I think you can contact GOG for a serial.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by zollac