It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am playing level 17 (Andes) and every time I get near the end of the level something that looks like a meteor storm bombs the heck out of my base and destroys every single one of my buildings. I played all the way through the ED side and never had this happened to me, is this some sort of secret super weapon the other side has that I am not aware of? I even searched the internet and found a Earth 2150 Strategy guide and it mentions nothing about this on the Andes level, I can't be the only one here that this has happened too, someone please help.
KingJames: I am playing level 17 (Andes) and every time I get near the end of the level something that looks like a meteor storm bombs the heck out of my base and destroys every single one of my buildings. I played all the way through the ED side and never had this happened to me, is this some sort of secret super weapon the other side has that I am not aware of? I even searched the internet and found a Earth 2150 Strategy guide and it mentions nothing about this on the Andes level, I can't be the only one here that this has happened too, someone please help.
The Lunar Corporation can build a weather control machine which has a superweapon function of causing meteor showers. Might this be what you are experiencing?
Thanks for the reply, it could be the LC super attack I guess as I haven't played that side yet, if it is though IMO it is pretty lame. I mean one shot and it destroyed every single building in my base and almost every single ground based unit as well. I can't see a good defense against it either as I had the Shadow Tower fully upgraded, and all my buildings and units and their lights off.
KingJames: Thanks for the reply, it could be the LC super attack I guess as I haven't played that side yet, if it is though IMO it is pretty lame. I mean one shot and it destroyed every single building in my base and almost every single ground based unit as well. I can't see a good defense against it either as I had the Shadow Tower fully upgraded, and all my buildings and units and their lights off.
I've just checked in the Prima Strategy Guide and can confirm that it is the LC superweapon. Here is what the guide says:

In this mission you must build two Ore Transport Bases and a Refinery at the ore field west of the landing zone. Then build about six harvesters. Get the ore out fast, because LC/ED forces have a trick up their sleeves on this mission: about 20 minutes into the game (actual play time), a meter shower will wipe out your base, and there's no defense for it.

It then goes on to say:

To counteract the effects of the meteors, keep a Mammoth construction vehicle and a couple of Gargoyle fighters inside the Albatross transport. That way, you can rebuild after the base is devastated.

However, it's not a good idea to rebuild at the original landing zone. A much larger resource field lies in the center of the map. Take your remaining units and build a new base there. Again, construct two Ore Transport Bases and get as many harvesters working as you can. Ring the field with Fortresses armed with rocket launchers. The ED introduces helicopters with bomb-bay doors, so the Fortresses must have a heavy antiair loadout. When you reach 100,000CR, get outta Dodge: the ED hail meteors on this base, too.

You needn't attach the LC base to the west or the ED base to the northeast (although you can) to fulfill the mission objectives. Defend your base well and you'll reach your goal easily.

So, it seems the LC and the ED are working together on this mission and utilising the LC superweapon. You can't defend against it but you can prepare in order to manage afterwards. Pump out that ore as fast as you can seems to be the order of the day. Hope this helps.
Post edited February 12, 2012 by korell
You know the old adage, the best defense is a good offense. They cannot hit you with meteors if you destroy the weather control device.