It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello! The Moon Project keeps crashing whenever I try to load a save. It just gets stuck at around 40% then back to windows. I have the OpenGL graphics option 1280 and everything else is working fine. Need help please! I am on windows 10
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Nerzul007: Hello! The Moon Project keeps crashing whenever I try to load a save. It just gets stuck at around 40% then back to windows. I have the OpenGL graphics option 1280 and everything else is working fine. Need help please! I am on windows 10
Hopefully your issue has already been fixed because you may have seen this solution around in other threads but it may be a problem with Data Execution Prevention (DEP) in WIndows 7 and later. Even if The Moon Project's EXE is added as an exception it will still crash when loading a mission because of some kind of bug with the registry.

If you go to https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-performance-team/to-dep-or-not-to-dep-8230/ba-p/373137 - specifically the below paragraph:

You can add a program to the exemption list by simply clicking Add and browsing to the .EXE file in question. However, there are a couple of other ways to disable DEP for a specific application beyond using the GUI. The first is by changing the Application Compatibility settings for the application in the registry. To do this, browse to the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers . For each application for which you want to disable DEP, you create a string value where the name of the value is the full path to the executable. You would then set the value data to “DisableNXShowUI” as shown below.

You can see for yourself if DEP is the problem. As always be very careful if you're changing the registry! If you go to the registry directory above you may or may not see The Moon Project's EXE there. If it is already there and you right-click->Modify you will already see "DisableNXShowUI" as part of the value but there will be no space before it. Add a space before "DisableNXShowUI" and it may fix your problem. If it isn't already there follow the instructions in the link to add it manually. Good luck,