It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello Just wondering if there is a solution to this issue...

I just got the updated eador program to launch... with a black screen but with music....

when i switch between programs, i get the menu screen displayed, but with no update of the graphic. do you have an solution? an idea on how to run it? should i play it in a virtual machine?

Any help welcome!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Can anyone help with this? I can't find any information on this particular issue. I do have a laptop with Nvidia Optimus and Win7 x64, but I have the most recent driver and have tried forcing Eador to use it. I just get a black screen with the music... eventually the menu appears if I alt/tab but it's frozen.
@Knightprotector:
If the menu is frozen rapidly right click followed by a left click. For some reason it is necessary to do so. (I know as I had reported this bug and was given this solution).
See http://www.gog.com/forum/eador_genesis/bug_cannot_click_buttons_or_terminate_game_in_main_menu

@both:
Try running the game in window mode by editing Eador.cfg
In every game I played window mode fixes a whole bunch of issues.

Update drivers (for optimus that is both nvidia AND intel drives), update DX...

In the future, please include some system specs. Win7x64 doesn't help at all as I have no such issues on my PC and I am using that very same OS.

See this youtube video explaining how to get system info in the form of a dxdiag file
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF1a6bD_kMU
Post edited December 29, 2012 by taltamir
I can't get it to run windowed no matter what I do. I tried adding w at the end of the shortcut target. Also tried running the shortcut labeled windowed, but still no go. Cfg is already set for windowed mode (1) which is odd.

I updated nvidia and intel drivers. I tried running it on integrated only and the nvidia processor. The behavior is the same in both cases. It just goes black... plays music, but will stay black indefinitely until I alt/tab and alt/tab again. Then it's basically frozen. Occasionally I can move the mouse (at about .005 fps), but it's essentially frozen. Not sure what the problem is. Very frustrating.

Here is part of my dxdiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/29/2012, 12:14:53
Machine name: DAEDALUS
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5742G
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7862MB RAM
Page File: 2288MB used, 13435MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Can you upload dxdiag in full somewhere?
More speifically, what is your LCD screen's native resolution?

Try downloading the modified cfg file from
http://www.gog.com/forum/eador_genesis/workaround_for_windows_7_perfomance_issues_framerate_sound_input
which should get the game in window mode. Run eador.exe directly not via a shortcut.

Also maybe try the power plan fix (NOT the DXWnd fix) from
http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/eador-genesis-%E2%80%94-troubleshooting.72/
Post edited December 29, 2012 by taltamir
OK, I tried the modified config file and the power settings. Neither seem to work.

I downloaded that DXWnd program, but I can't find any option to hook the directdraw, unless it's worded differently. That's about the only thing I haven't tried. I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with Nvidia Optimus... I really don't know what else to try.

My resolution is 1366 x 768
Post edited December 30, 2012 by KnightProtector
KnightProtector: OK, I tried the modified config file and the power settings. Neither seem to work.
Was the modified config file able to get the game to run in window mode for you?

Are you running the game by double clicking the "eador.exe" file in the directory into which you installed (NOT by using the shortcut it made on the desktop)?
My resolution is 1366 x 768
Alright, that is ok then. The game fails to run if your resolution is lower then 1024x768. Which is its internal resolution, but yours is higher then that
Post edited December 30, 2012 by taltamir